1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Walmart, Hillbilly central?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by madisonsfinest, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest [OP] Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    So I took my truck in to Walmart to have my new XD Hoss Wheels installed on my truck. I called in advance and they said they could take the tires off my stock wheels, and put them on the new ones for $40. That should've been a clue I guess.
    So I get there and the guy comes out to the counter, with hands so dirty they are black, clothes that are really dirty, and his teeth are all messed up. The banjo from deliverance is going off in my head at this point!
    So the guy starts taking information down about my truck, and I question him about lugcentric wheels, and hubcentric wheels. He doesn't know what he is talking about, but he doesn't admit it. I tell him I need the TPMS put in the new wheels too. This of course brings the cost up to $60, which I am fine with.
    As he is taking information down he is leaning his dirty A$$ on my truck, and getting in and out of it with his dirty A$$ outfit. Hello my truck has a light gray interior. Anywho, I'm hanging out in Walmart for a half hour, and I go back to check on things, and there is my truck sitting outside with nothing done to it, WTF!
    He says he isn't comfortable with doing the wheels as they are lugcentric, and I explain that all you have to do is torque the wheels down prior to setting the wheels back on the ground. He said he wasn't comfortable doing the TPMS either, and there is only one other guy in at work today. Needless to say that I am not going back there, ever! OK I'm done

2. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Obviously you have never been tot he website peopleofwalmart.com

3. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    That sucks!!! I hate taking my cars in to get worked on, no one cares about the customers cars anymore. If I do take it in, I'll take an old beach towel and put it on the seat.

4. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    I let them rotate my tires once... while I was watching them... and only because I was on the return side of a 2800 mile trip and needed them rotated but I didn't have my tools.

I don't think I could bring myself to talk about changing wheels/tires/TPMS for fear of exactly what you encountered.

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    Houston-76

Houston-76 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montgomery Co Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 trd pr dcsb
    Tinted windows - weathertech floor mats - removed front mudflaps - no seatbelt chime mod - fogs on anytime mod - Borla catback exhaust - afe throttle body spacer - K&n filter - Kmc Xd hoss wheels 17X9 4.5 backspace - rubbers are 275/65 17 yokahama geolander a/t's - Maxtrac 4" lift spindles - allpro standard leafsprings - 1.25 rear wheel spacers - arctic white headlights and fogs - kings coming soon - supercharger coming later
    Yeah i quit walmart auto years ago myself, the last straw for me is when thet striped out the threads on my oil drain plug :mad: before that on a seperate trip they lost my dipstick and under filled my oil :annoyed:now days i do any work thats not a waranty myself and discount tire for all my tire stuff, walmarts crew is just a bunch of slack jawed yokels !

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    It's Walmart

:smack:

7. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  8. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Y The Hell Would You Go To Wallmart For After Market Rim Install Your Crazy! They Cant Even Came Oil Right Bro!

9. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    Jones'R

Jones'R My

Member:
    Niagara Falls
    Vehicle:
    08' SR5
    3" Lift
  10. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member: