1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wandlung Zum Bösen.....build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by cmack, Jun 9, 2012.

1. cmack

cmack [OP] Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    It's ok, we still love you, regardless of your sexuality.

It's from the Taco. Uniden 520xl or somehting like that. Wilson super flew antenna. I fabbed up a rear bracket out of some steel and I found a nice cubby hole I mounted my CB to for now...probably will move it eventually. But my my grinder burnt up as I was finishing my antenna bracket, so I couldn't fab up another bracket for it. Need to move my UG also...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you Forrest. :D

Yes. From the lowest bottomest point of the pumpkin, to the ground. I have a Dana 30 in the front and Chrysler 8.25 in the rear....

You can see my rear diff in this pictar to show the clearance. And even the front for that matter....and yes, I am running on 31" tires. You are forgetting, stock, these cherokees come with big 27"/small 28" tires. it's not like the 1st gen tacomas, where stock size are 31s........jeeps have a lot of good clearance. My rear shock mounts and my front lower control arms are the lowest points.

[​IMG]

:cool:

It's a little toasty in here.

:mad:

Exactly what I was going to build. I built a custom one for my old taco with Chris4x4 and it came out awesome, so I'm gonna do the cubby hole mount.

2. Mexicant

Mexicant Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Crawlerado
    Vehicle:
    Braap
    I like mine a lot. Takes up no room and sounds decent. I used a couple cans of expand-a-foam, plywood and a slim mount sub. Cost me about $60 total.

3. cmack

Member:
    Not bad. I know there's a guy on CF who sells them, but yeah. I plan on making the same. Can't wait :D Which sub you running in there?

4. Mexicant

Mexicant Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Crawlerado
    Vehicle:
    Braap
  5. VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
  6. higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    who bought the taco?

7. IDtrucks

IDtrucks Just out for a rip are ya bud?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, removable mothafuckin doors
    ok, i really must be dumb, but i still don't get you're diff clearance. The tires are 31"...so the radius where the axle is would be 15.5", minus the radius of the diff. where is the extra height coming from?

8. cmack

Member:
    It's a COMPLETELY different axle and setup compare to your Tacoma man....I don't know what it sat from stock, I just know what it sits at now. Trust me because I compared it to the ranger on 35s and it's only like 1/2" higher up....idgaf. My centre of gravity is lower than the ranger and Im essentially equal on clearance. Ranger has a better approach angle from the front. So yeah. I measured on flat level surface next to the ranger to compare....it's more clearance than my taco had and I ran 31s on that....

9. IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, removable mothafuckin doors
    i realize it's a different axle...but its still a straight axle connected in the middle of a 31" circle...got a pic of a ruler next to the diff? It's simple math, and I want to know what i'm missing.

10. cmack

Member:
    Lol I was messin with you. I meant frame rail to ground :p

11. IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    .........................................................................................................................................................................you sir...are a massive qu-lit

12. XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    My buddy's I was telling you about a while back

[​IMG]

13. cmack

Member:

Looks cheap lol My Kenwood is pretty decent and on the better end of the spectrum. I used to be buddies with an owner of an audio shop here locally. I brought him business, in return he gave me at cost prices lol I think my kenwood retails for 150 or 160 and I snagged it for 60 bucks. Sucks he ended up selling the shop :(

Oh god....that picture reminds me of the night prior. :drunk:

Was ready to tonight...I am going to soon. Thinking I'll do the right think and ride the wave till I'm setup with the new company and settled in before I pitch up and leave them....or maybe I'll say f it and leave sooner lol

Guy in TX. His name is Benny. Don't remember his username...he's been a member as long as me, but rarely posts. Just spys and stalks me.

That looks awesome! I gotta trim my fenders...I destroyed my rear pass one today on the trails, along with my diff cover. Oops. First trail damage though :woot:

14. SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Deep Dish Pizza from Oregano's.....NOW!!

15. cmack

Member:
    To update this thread, I destroyed my diff cover today :woot:

Just used RTV to hold it from leaking anymore until I can get some Solid or Riddler diff covers in to replace. :anonymous:

Pictars to come of trail run :cool:

also destroyed rear pass fender :homer:

16. cmack

Member:
    Come pay me a visit tomorrow afternoon at the hoes...I'll be there.

17. cmack

Member:
    Tacoma or TJ?

I am EXTREMELY happy with the performance of the XJ, even with open diffs. I went every where a locked on 35s with d44 and ford 9 ranger did today. My wheel base is shorter than my Tacoma was, but not as short as a TJ. Perfect IMO. I need to get used to knowing what my clearance is tho :anonymous:

No I'll be there. Mentioned to my boss today about keeping me on payroll and I'll just come in kinda whenever. Pick up shifts when I want type of thing...odds are will end up doing that.

18. BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Who doesn't :rolleyes:

19. cmack

Member:
    I'm honoured :homer: