1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanna buy a laptop

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Forster46, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jan 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Been considering a new laptop. I have a cheap couple hundred dollar toshiba that is about 4 or 5 years old. I found this on the best buy site for sale and it looks like a decent deal. I want a laptop that I could actually play SOME games on, but good gaming ones are about a grand. This one has 4 gigs of ram and I'm pretty sure its a 64 bit system, but it doesn't say anywhere on here.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pa...8&skuId=7015377&st=7015377#tab=specifications

Any input?

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    It's 64-bit. I could be wrong, but I would think it's hard to find 32-bit systems these days.

3. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Says in the description: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
    Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

64bit is based on the OS, not the hardware as almost all hardware in the last 5 years supports 64bit OS's. Yes the hardware does have to support 64bit to use 64bit, but pretty much everything out today does and uses 64bit technology.

It's not a bad deal really. Could use more memory.

4. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I will never own another HP.

I replaced one that died, for another hp last year i think it was. The computer was $700 from Best Buy..that computer is the biggest piece of shit. Quality has gone way down.

If you can swing it, get a mac.

5. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I will never own a Mac.

Over priced, shitty software, locked down, Apple sucks. Anything your Mac can do my PC can do faster, cheaper and less expensive. But that's besides the point.

I'm not a fan of HP either (I've been in a law suit with them for 4 years now), but the OP isn't asking bout WHAT laptop to buy, he's asking about THIS laptop. For the price and what you are getting, its not that bad of a deal.

Screen resolution is a bit low, ram is a bit low but can be beefed up for cheap. USB 3.0 is really nice, hard drive size is good. Anyone who isn't a gamer would enjoy this laptop.

6. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I don't necessarily want only a HP. Right now I have a toshiba but its 32 bit and the software can't support much of anything. It was a cheap couple hundred dollar computer like 4 years ago. I just want a newer one than can run installed software like games or other programs without lagging terribly or freezing. I heard macs arent all that great when it comes to gaming, I could never afford one anyway. I just posted the HP because it was on sale. After I posted it, I heard they have had problems with overheating?

My sister just bought an Acer last week for around 500-600. Its a touchscreen. I just want something that can run games decently and not freeze or lag. I mainly wanted 64 bit, at least 6 gigs of ram, over 500 gigs of hard drive space, and decent video card.

Products Discussed in

To Top