1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want to buy a rifle..

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Forster46, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jul 14, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    catrailrider

catrailrider Active Member

Member:
    Congrats Forster. Enjoy, but don't forget to join the NRA and be sure to vote this year and help get Obama out of office. His main goal is take your new rifle away

2. Jul 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Hate to burst your bubble but Romney isn't any better as far as gun ownership goes. Believe me, I live in ma and when Romney was governor he put into place many anti gun policies.
    We have a list of "approved" handguns we can buy, anything not on the list is illegal, and no you can't go out of state to buy it and bring it back.
    We are limited to 10 round mags and rifles can't have adjustable stocks.
    We can't order ammo online.
    We do have legal ccw but no laws protecting the homeowner, so if somebody broke into my house and I shot them without first trying to run away, I could get sued by the attacker and also technically broke the law.
    We have to have all firearms locked at all times, so no bedside gun unless you wear it to sleep.
    We cannot transport a firearm unless it is being carried on the body or locked in the trunk. This one especially makes it really difficult to drive a truck with a rifle, because if it's in the cab you are technically breaking the law.

My point here isn't to defend Obama, I just want to make sure people understand that just because he's a republican romney isn't going to support gun owners. His record as governor speaks for itself, look it up if you don't believe me.

3. Jul 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    Teniente

Teniente Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4

Sorry for the political rant, but as a Nevada resident, I am suspicious of anyone, including the NRA, that supports our Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D) NV.......a lapdog or the Obama administration.

After researching this issue, I terminated my membership with the NRA. The NRA supports Harry Reid and the NRA is a single issue organization.......the Second Amendment.

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-does-the-nra-support-harry-reid

The NRA, and in fact all gun owners need to look at the total package when endorsing a politician, not just their stand on the 2nd Amendment.......I would be more concerned with a politican's views and past record/statements on all issues, including the Supreme Court and potential Supreme Court Justice appointments than what their stand on the 2nd Amendment is.

Any politician can go out, buy a gun, go to the range, get an NRA membership and have some publicity photos taken. doesn't mean that they are a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

I do the research and put my money - and it doesn't have to be much - directly into the hands of politicians/candidates (local, state and national) of my choice, not leave that decision to a national orgnization...........and I suggest, nope, I challange you, that if you are concerned about ALL of your rights, you do the research, meet the politicians/ candidates then do the same.

Now back to your local programming...............

Products Discussed in

To Top