1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want to do Satoshi!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Forster46, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Jan 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Damn I wish someone had the 2012 grille assemblies for sale. I need this chrome like a hobo needs home insurance.

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Thanks, i have a hack saw and a bunch of blades but could not remember their name, eitherway, they work great for cutting out the center and the rest, cuts through the plastic nicely.

No, but my neighbor who did all the rattle canning, because I suck at it, said that is what it reminded him of... ;)

that is what sandpaper is for... lots of sandpaper...

3. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    When I do a thin lip, I always use painter tape to make my final line. If a dremel is cutting right and you have a good hand, you can cut right on the tape. If not, cut a little short and then sand down to the tape. It makes it a lot easier to see and make it straight.

When chopping the centers, I always use a sawsall. I use a 1X2 and some C clamps on the mounts for the grill to clamp that puppy down to a bench so it doesn't jump to heaven a back. A jigsaw won't get anywhere close enough to make 1/4 of the cuts you need. Also, if you are going to do the triangles, sand down the bottom inch of the triangle 1/8th of an inch on the back side so that your mesh won't hit your headlights.

4. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I won't be doing the triangles for now. I already had tje painters tape idea in my head, but I wasn't planning on cutting it a little short, then sanding, which is probably what I should do. I have no idea how smooth my dremel cuts yet. I need to get a scrap piece of platic and test it out.

5. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    Use some of the stuff from the center cross pieces you remove.

6. Jan 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Yeah thats what I'll do. I will probably start this on monday when I have a full day to work on it.

7. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Had an idea. Can't really afford the cool "toyota" emblem like most satoshi guys have. But I had the idea to make a stencil and paint it straight onto the mesh in white. If it turns out bad, or I get an emblem to stick on, then I can just paint it black and be done.

I like this idea because then there will be no emblem blocking light output from my Hella's, but I will still have the look.

Good idea?

8. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Yes.;)

9. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    Agreed^^^ Let me know how it turns out. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Homer, any tips on a TRD stencil? Since I am guessing that is how you paint yours...:notsure:

10. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    I got the idea from you :spy:

:D

Products Discussed in

To Top