1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

want to hear from those who beat their high end shocks "REALLY HARD"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Hermit, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Hermit

Hermit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD ext cab
    not much yet, soon to come
    "Arctic Tacomas" look awesome. I truly wish I had the green.

But, I'm to the point I have to stop buying what I want, and hold to the last "revised way up" budget... :( (from 5k, now up to 8K, with all fixins, accessories, winch kit, SB radio, etc)

06HAOLE and mikesdoublecab have been way cool and helped me out mucho grande. If I ever come into another 40K, the first thing I'll do is do is add the LT, jounce shocks, a front ARB air locker, and maybe a desert camo paint job... :)

I had to do an early retirement at 54 yrs, and I am planning out for 10 years, and I need to hold some of the IRA account in reserve... a bigger reserve would have been nice... to bad, to sad... OK enough whinning... :)

I am detuning my expectations a bit, but I'm sure I'll have loads of fun, even if not quite as much adreniline (Im basically down to weightless "without" the airborne yell, and 4 wheel drifting "mostly" in my own lane... :devil:).

To MJP2 - I really would prefer to use Firestone RideRites, but the KISS factor pushes me toward the Timbrens, not to mention I don't believe the air coils would work well enough for Moab, and my long travel Deavers. I looked at the Jounce systems, but the money just isn't there, and I am trying to build the truck as simply as possible... besides, there is only so much wrenching I am willing to do these days.

I'm talking to DSM. The modification to 1st gen rese Kings is $1375, and its a custom order, and Ill have to make my own brackets. I am really trying to stay with off-the-shelf aftermarket parts, drivetrain servicable at Toyota dealerships, and stock size tires to keep repairs as standard as possible, in case Im broke down in Fairbanks Al, LaPaz Mex, or places in between. If I was keeping it close to home, or had lots of money, I would definitely go more radical.

All things said and done... I feel like one lucky bastard... H

p.s... I need to get some lessons on posting pics. I always get file to large, wrong format, or some message I don't understand when I upload files. The best I've ever done is to get 2 3-D cad drawings posted together, and Im not sure how I did that.

Also, Im within a week or so of ordering everything, and once I get the parts I may seem to disappear. Im setting myself up with a lot of work to get done, and I may be to tired to boot the computer, lots of days. I have a bit of an underlying health issue... Whooo Awww

Products Discussed in

To Top