1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

want to join USMC

Discussion in 'Military' started by 98Tacoma, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    krudawg

krudawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner V6 SR5
    Ah yes, Rear Echelon Mother#$%^@. I wore the title well. Never went outside the wire. I had a lot of respect for those that did.

2. Jan 8, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    98Tacoma

98Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    V.A.
    Vehicle:
    1998 V6 xtracab
    k&N intake, 40 flowmaster turndown, westin brushguard,10 inch JL sub, alpine cd player.painted black tool box. bilstein 5100s 3inch Ebiach springs all around and toytec aal. mickey thompson beadlocks. and 33inch goodyear duratracs
    just wanted to say thanks to everybody for all the information i have learned alot of valueable info on alot of questions i had and some that i had never thought of. i will take what everyone said into consideration and try to read every word and the fine print before i sign my name on anything. im goign to research a few different jobs to keep my options open. and will be going to talk to the recruiter in the next month and see what he has to say and what jobs are open at this time. i will let yall know how everything goes and what the recruiter says to me.

3. Jan 8, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    PM me the recruiters name and substation that he works at. I might know him so he doesn't try to f**k you over.

4. Jan 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    doc1911

doc1911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Pro
    98TACOMA

No matter what you decide to do, good luck. It takes a big set of balls to join any service in a time of war. From those of us serving, welcome.

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Now are you suggesting that recruiters might try to screw a guy over to get a quota filled? ? ? :D I know the recruiter that signed me up got busted for screwing over some female enlisties.... but they were all 18 was his defense. It was some good times doing my RA time with him...

6. Jan 9, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    doc1911

doc1911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Pro
    One of my best friends got got stuck with the recruiter gig in the Army for a couple years. He always says "that 99% or recruiters are used-car salesmen in uniform."

7. Jan 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Well you basically are a salesman. You won't catch me doing it. I was disqualified 3 times for going to recruiters school :D

8. Jan 10, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Bro, some of them female poolees are just hard to resist

9. Jan 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    I'm sorry if you misread my post and got the assumption that I blamed him in any way.... :D He was a really good recruiter. He would "demand" that we PT with him at least twice a week. He would run and go to the gym twice a day; we were supposed to join him at any of those times. When I was home on RA it was some good times helping him with PT in the mornings...

10. Jan 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    TRDKruger

TRDKruger Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    jacksonville NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    what up grande? not sure if ur gonna recognize my name i was attached to you guys for the garmsir workup hows life goin?

11. Jan 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    COACHPPARK

COACHPPARK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    ST. PETERSBURG
    Vehicle:
    2024 CELESTIAL SILVER METALLIC TRD SPORT
    TINTED ALL WINDOWS, SOME GRILLE BADGES,
    Congrats in wanting to serve, first thing i would do is ask you what you really want to do and do after the service. Then i would talk to all recruiters to see what they have to offer. From my expericence The army treated me well but the airforce ate better and had better accomidations, the marines revolve around infantry,not so much to do on the civilian front for that, and the navy didnt have what i wanted to do, if i had to do it all again i would have gone Air Force... good luck to you...

12. Jan 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    ninja28

ninja28 What am I supposed to put in this box?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    North Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 4X4 DC TRD Off-Road MGM
    More to come
    I wish I could knock some sense into every person I here say this^...(google USAF Pararescue or Combat Controller, this is what "elite" looks like.) The fact of the matter is that you've already decided on joining the marines, witch is fine. don't let anyone try to convince you to go infantry because your "gonna be board," it sounds like you already have more sense than that, and when I say "sense" I mean self-preservation.

BTY, the Air Force has been receiving the highest number of prior-service-marines crossing into the AF for a reason...I have 3 prior-Marines in my unit alone, think about it. I'm in the AF today because a Prior-Marine told me not to join the Marines.

Whatever you do be safe and make good decisions. and remember, you're not gonna be 21 forever...it's never too soon to start thinking of your future. Think of what your gonna do after the military...Choose your MOS wisely...I'd suggest air traffic control or any medical field. You could transfer into the civilian world and make good money day one.

13. Jan 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Not to kick your chair out from under you chAir Force, BUT:
    1) Should be capatilized. Click here for documentation
    2) Your thinking "which" not ugly chick that makes you into a frog
    3) I never saw anyone in the Infantry turn into a 2x4 board.
    4) See number 1
    5) Periods can be fun, but more than one interrupts a sentence.
    6) Make you your mind. Does the "P" get to be little or big?
    7) I'm not sure, but I think that should of been a semi-colon to represent the joing of two like sentences.
    8) Again, I'm not sure but I believe your keyboard has the runs because that "sentence" didn't know when to stop.

For the record, one of the guys from my first unit went to the AF after his contract was up. It wasn't much of a suprise because he was a pussy anyways.

USMC FTMFW!

14. Jan 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    ninja28

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    North Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    More to come
    Get your Tongue and Quill ready! Capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors aside; what I said still holds wait and there are no flaws in my logic. (I used the wrong weight on purpose.) So, try and pick that apart.

USMC FTMFW? Nope, English 101 FTMFW! You still haven't proved your obvious bias of the Marines being better than the Air Force. Oh yeah, you said "Chair Force," so that must mean the Marines are better.

I have a lot respect for the Marines and what they do. But given all the facts, the Air Force offered me more of what I needed. Believe me, it was a hard decision to make coming from a Marine Corps family. History and tradition, yeah, Marines all the way. Technology, air superiority and hands down the most elite special forces in the world? The UNITED STATES AIR FORCE FOR THE MUTHER FUCK'N WIN!

15. Jan 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    SantaCruz'n

SantaCruz'n Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    Saving for the 2013
    Awesome, I too, live in Temecula. As far as the most elite SF in the world, all U.S. SF branches are the "Best in the World." Each branch has their own specific mission they are custom tailored too. So yes, CCT's and PJ's are the most elite.

If the Air Force has more to offer to you, good. But, I know with out a doubt, you wish you could call yourself a Marine, or wish you would of experienced a little of it.

16. Jan 23, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    ninja28

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    North Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    More to come
    I stand by my decision to join the AF. If anything, I would have loved to be a sniper in the Marines.

17. Jan 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    SantaCruz'n

SantaCruz'n Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    Saving for the 2013
    I praise anybody that has the courage to join the military.

18. Jan 26, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    LizellaFella

LizellaFella Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Reno Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I didn't read each and every reply to this thread, but I can tell you from personal experience, (4 yrs USMC and 5 yrs US Army Reserve as a dual status DA employee) Pick the branch of the military that will give you job skills that are valuable AFTER you get out. Marine Corps Infantry is great if you want to be a mecenary or a cop after your enlistment. Please go serve your country, but be patient in your choice and pick based on your future, not what they are offering right now. GOOD LUCK!

19. Jan 26, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    Good advice.

20. Jan 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    98Tacoma

98Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    V.A.
    Vehicle:
    1998 V6 xtracab
    k&N intake, 40 flowmaster turndown, westin brushguard,10 inch JL sub, alpine cd player.painted black tool box. bilstein 5100s 3inch Ebiach springs all around and toytec aal. mickey thompson beadlocks. and 33inch goodyear duratracs

i have tried to take alot of time in researching and making sure that im 100 percent committed. ive been thinking about it alot if i would like to do 4 years or make a career but i know i will not know what i want to do until in enlist and see what marine and military is like. i have about 6 months to make my decsion because i have one more semester of school. do many just do one or two terms or make a career

Products Discussed in

To Top