1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

want to upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jward2331, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:06 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    I have a '08 and want to upgrade my radio. Requirements:

CD player (MP3 format capable)
    XM
    orange display (to match the rest of the dash)
    USB port for Ipod/memory stick

I would prefer the larger face unit so it fills in the space better.

Any suggestions?

I am not looking to blow out the windows. I have a XM unit that uses the radio for reception but it sucks when on a road trip and the station I use is active in that area making it useless for a while till I get out of that reception area.
    I don't plan on upgrading the speakers yet, one thing at a time....

2. Dec 7, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    jward2331

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
  3. Dec 9, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    jward2331

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    Thanks PD3, I've been researching Crutchfield and doing comparisons. Was interested to see if anyone found something they liked with my "requirements".

4. Dec 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    Goin Deep

Goin Deep Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    05 DC SB OR
    Leer XL100 topper painted to match,Led tail lights,Led map & dome lights, All chrome billet grill, Kenwood Excelon kdc - x693 HU, BossBass 1200 powered subwoofer.16 in FJ Gunmetals, Duratracs 165/75/16 5100's at the corners, fronts at 1.75 and 1.5 aal.

Products Discussed in

To Top