1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanted COA tophats etc

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by AlanLoshbaugh, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Apr 16, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    AlanLoshbaugh

AlanLoshbaugh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    I have a liftkit to install on my 2005 4x4.
    I'd like to build the new COA's on the bench to expedite the process.
    I need an extra set of top hats and hardware;
    if anyone has this stuff, please let me know?

thx;
    alanloshbaugh@gmail.com

2. Apr 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    Bilstein 5100's with OME 885 X,top plate spacers,taco lean spacer,All Pro Expo's in the rear,installed fog lights,installed intermitent wipers,IPF off road lights,ARE topper with 5 ft. Hi-Lift Jack,first aid kit, fire extinguisher installed inside,Sway a Way front sway bar,Westin Brush Guard,air box mod,Mag Lite Mod,Relentless CB ant. Mount, DX 959 Galaxy CB,Go Rhino nerf bars,Duratrac 235-85-16's on TRD OR wheels,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONROE-9079...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aec3e0cbb&vxp=mtr

I tried to find a set for a while, and ended up buying these. This is the correct Monroe part number, and by searching I found them as low as 16.00 each shipped, but now can't remember where. I believe it was Amazon.com They are a good quality. If you are going to use extended studs for any type of spacer plate with these, the studs I purchased from Wheelers did not fit correctly. They are for stock top plates, and it wasn't a big deal to tack weld the studs in place to hold them secure. I also used the Wheelers coil spring isolator,and it fit these perfect and was a nice quality product. Just a heads up if you can't find a stock used set,at least you have a back up plan.

3. Apr 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    AlanLoshbaugh

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    OME sell a kit. It's $165 or so.
    This seems better; thanks!

4. Apr 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    eAreEyeSee

eAreEyeSee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Off-Road
    Toytec Ultimate lift kit TRD Bronze Beadlocks One piece Driveshaft, Bakflip G2, Viper 5301 Starter, Hood Struts, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Off Switch for ABS, VSC, TRAC, DTRL toggle switch
  5. Apr 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Rock Auto has them too-Little more than parts geek.

6. Apr 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    AlanLoshbaugh

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the links!
    I'm a Land Cruiser guy, and used to leaf springs.
    I think the Monroe bits listed are short a bushing (or two?) and the shock damper rod hardware...yes?

7. Apr 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I ordered a kit form Rock auto-Think it was about 30 bucks total maybe and had the isolators and everything.

8. Apr 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    AlanLoshbaugh

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    rock auto shows the same monroe kit; isolators and damping rod stuff not pictured, but maybe included....

9. Apr 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    Bilstein 5100's with OME 885 X,top plate spacers,taco lean spacer,All Pro Expo's in the rear,installed fog lights,installed intermitent wipers,IPF off road lights,ARE topper with 5 ft. Hi-Lift Jack,first aid kit, fire extinguisher installed inside,Sway a Way front sway bar,Westin Brush Guard,air box mod,Mag Lite Mod,Relentless CB ant. Mount, DX 959 Galaxy CB,Go Rhino nerf bars,Duratrac 235-85-16's on TRD OR wheels,
  10. Apr 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    Rockauto photos do leave something to be desired but here is what I got:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366164525.251692.jpg top hat w/ studs and coil isolator, top and bottom washers, top shock isolator and the bottom shock isolator is part of the top hat.

There is a 5% rockauto code in the deals and coupons section that is good for a few more days I think...

To Top