1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WANTED: Dead or, well yeah, just mostly dead SPEAKERS

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by hookedontronics, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Looking for first gen speakers, i don't care if they work or have a 3" hole in the middle of them, i want to get all the speaker sizes available for 1st gens so i can start making speaker rings.

You guys hook me up, i'll hook you up

pm me please

2. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    IamHimeros

IamHimeros Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've offered in another one of your threads before. I have front and rear out of an extended cab 2000. I do want to know how you are going to compensate for the front doors. Are you going to have a piece of wood to replace the entire plastic piece or one that screws onto the plastic piece?

3. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    BFA

BFA Nuttier than squirrel shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4 4x4 5spd
    i got some 10" sub i believe.. ill have to measure them out but i pulled them from my friends old truck and they are just sitting on my side yard

4. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I'm a little confused on what your saying? I take the speaker and make an identical shape and bolt pattern and cut the center out of it to hold a speaker. Not sure what you mean about the plastic piece

5. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    mikracer

mikracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB | TRD Sport 4x4
    The plastic piece is the adapter the speaker screws in to. That plastic piece screws into the door.

6. Apr 15, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    pic? still confused

7. Apr 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    IamHimeros

Member:
  8. Apr 15, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    So your saving you would want your adapter to be shaped as just the metal piece and not the entire piece?

9. Apr 15, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    IamHimeros

Member:
    Huh? I googled "2000 Tacoma door speakers" that was one of the first sites that had pictures. This was someone that I don't know who is giving instructions as to how to replace the speakers. "I" am asking you if you were offering to replace the entire plastic piece or trying to make a ring that would attach to the plastic piece. If you do just the ring, you will have additional vibration and rattling. I personally think that you if are planning on tackling this and want to offer a real good product, I would think that you would want the full piece of plastic and either mold your ring to fit around the plastic in a way that it wont cause unneeded rattling...or find a way to replace the entire plastic piece all together.

I would offer to send you my plastic, but I have already modified and reinforced it whenever I installed my aftermarket component set. If nothing is on the market by this summer, I will be fiberglassing a fix to install a better component system

10. Apr 15, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    i will be making the entire plastic piece

11. Apr 16, 2011 at 6:27 AM
    glsmaverick

glsmaverick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Howell MI
    Vehicle:
    96 Taco; 2.7l 4x4 5spd
    None
    I have two plastic pieces that are all yours; and OEM door speakers from a 96 reg cab if you want them.

PM sent

12. Apr 16, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    IamHimeros

Member:
    might be easier to find someone local with a 1st gen so that you can fit check everything and change the depth of the ring itself to maximize mounting depth. off the top of my head, I cannot remember the depth of the grill within the door panel (removable panel measurement from the back of the grill to where it would meet up with the door)

Products Discussed in

To Top