1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanted LED headlights

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by carlostacoma, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Jan 8, 2021 at 11:12 PM
    crashnburn80

crashnburn80 Vehicle Design Engineer

Member:
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB TRD OR
    Go Hawks!
    Swap the sealed beams for a 200mm Hella H4 conversion, then repeat the same H4 headlight upgrade. I've recommended Hella e-codes (ECE) headlights in the past due to their outstanding low beam performance, though it has since been pointed out to me that the high beam on those lamps is aimed abnormally high and the DOT version of the Hella 200mm H4 conversion has a better balance. From there follow the 2nd gen H4 headlight upgrade.

2. Jan 9, 2021 at 9:43 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    I've never owned the ECE version of the Hella e-codes but I did have the DOT version or Vision Plus (Ordering mistake on my part) which was an easy improvement over stock and the quality was top notch compared to the Autopal version on Ebay. The ECE version has even better cutoff from what I've seen. I just didn't like that they would glare everyone to my right while driving so I got rid of them and did a retrofit build instead. It might not have been as bad as I thought but it did bother me. This is what the Hella e-code DOT versions looked like with GE Nighthawks. I also upgraded to a relay harness.
    upload_2021-1-9_9-42-56.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    crashnburn80 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top