1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanting opinions from the PD on this forum.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.

She has lived here for those 20ish years yes. I own the house I live in it was my parents and now its mine. I have had issues with them for the last year but they have had issues with everyone for as long as I can remember. There is no legal battle yet as she is just making calls to the police.

I have however just gotten of the phone with City Hall and there are no ground for her complaints as they are during the daytime and our ordinance states from 10pm-7am, and the animals must be barking non stopped. It must also be witnessed by the officer that would issue the citation. The lady at City Hall is going to make a trip over to the Chief's office and inform him of the law. Odd but nice of her to do so, as it would come across wrong if I went over and tried to inform him.

This thread was created because I wanted to get an officers point of view on this situation because it is obviously handled case by case and most likely left up to the officers discretion. And I didn't expect to get the answer this time just like the last time I called and asked for local ordinances. This is a new Chief so I gave it a shot.

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD

Wow.....these people are a little :crazy:

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    I have the same problem you do, my dogs bark at people walking or in most cases running by our house. They bark maybe 10 times a day and maybe 20 seconds at a time. I bring them in at 7pm every night and they go back out side at 8am. A old lady that live across from me calls the cops about once a month, the cops come i talk to them, they look at my dogs and usually pet them and they tell me not to worry about it. The problem is she just doesn't like me which i don't blame but other dogs bark all night and that is ok. God damn old bag just die already.

ok i'm done.

4. Nov 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    x2. i have 2 neighbors whos dogs (one has 4 chihuahuas that yap all the damn time) and the other who has some big dumbass goldendoodle right next to my bedroom.... this dog never has its electric fence on... more than once have I broken up fights between it and other dogs (if they were mine the stupid dog would be dead already) I have even opened the door up to the house and put him inside.

I can understand dogs barking during the day and whatever but after a certain time, shit just gets annoying. I dont call the cops or anything, just throw the headphones on and drown it out but damn... come on. :mad:

as for the OP.... that shit would get annoying real fast. If only the PD charged her ass for every b.s. call.

5. Nov 12, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Damn, if that were me....being in a house for that long and knowing about these crazy neighbors, I would've sold the house and got my ass outta there a long time ago. Life is too short to be dealing with that crap all of your life.

She probably has some sort of mental disorder that she feels the need to be 'attended to' (attention whore). Even after the dog barking issues calms down - she'll find something else to complain, bitch, and call the police about.

How old is she?

6. Nov 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    My dogs don't bark excessive during the day and it doesn't sound like the OP's do either. I have stayed home during the day and let the dogs be like i was at work. If they bark at someone i let them, i want people to know i have dogs and let them think they are mean. Keeps dip shit's from robbing my house. My dogs would lick you to death but one of them looks mean as shit. I have had a bark suppresive collar on my old dog and that shit doesn't work, and i had one of the best ones you could buy.

7. Nov 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    One of my neighbors has a beagle that they leave outside for what seams like 20 out of 24 hours a day. OMFG! When I first moved in, I wanted to start feeding it vicodin burgers... The damn dog howls night and day!

But... I didn't complain to the owners or call the police. As time went on, i started tuning it out. Now it's like listening to daily traffic - just another noise that doesn't bother me anymore.

Sorry I can't offer the advice you're looking for - but if I were in your situation, I would just let it go. Let the old hag live an unhappy life.

8. Nov 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    rockgecko03

rockgecko03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rockwall, TX
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma - Perpetual Project
    It would appear that this ol lady just needs something to complain about...

I imagine she'll keep complaining about barking dogs until she has something new to put her panties in a twist...make friends with the cops and introduce them to your dogs if they're well mannered. The cops usually have to show up to a complaint because they're mere presence or showing up usually satisfies the the complainer.

9. Nov 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    BakoTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Damn....lol tell us what you really think! :D

10. Nov 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    OP, if your dogs are barking more than once or twice an hour, you're at fault. there is nothing more frustrating and inconsiderate of a dog owner who is oblivious to how annoying their own dogs barking can be. i've had to report neighbors before. obviously i dont know the story and i'm not attacking you personally, but as a neighbor who has dealt with this issue before, its highly irritating.

11. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    If you were my neigbor, I would light fire crackers off at your house......Might even consider dropping them in from a vent.....

12. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    BakoTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    What about the dog poop in the bag that's on on fire and ring the door bell and run away? :D

13. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thats old school. Now days, you fill a pie crust with dog poop, ring the door bell, and throw it at their face.

14. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    She should not have to "deal" with barking dogs. The owner should be responsible and put them in the house or do something.

I have two dogs that LIKE to stay outside when it's nice out. When they start barking, they come in. I DO NOT like listening to barking dogs, so I get mine to stop.

I used to have neighbors whose dogs became outside dogs when they moved into their new house. These dogs barked ALL THE TIME. They never seemed to shut up. Any time of the day and night. It is extremely annoying to have to listen to someone else dogs, when they don't want to take care of their animals.

Agree!!!!

OP - why can't you leave your dogs in the house where they won't be blamed for barking?

15. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Straight Pipe Your Truck...next time you see her walking down the street, throw it in neutral and FLOOR IT :D

Im sure she cant hear any more dogs barking after that. LOL.

16. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    :rofl:

17. Nov 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    So when exactly did your neighbor start smoking meth? All of that petty crap, I'd be on her front porch asking her to explain what I did that was so offensive to her. Make her tell me to my face. You want to run your soup coolers about me in my neighborhood then I'll gladly come to your door with the same police that you called on me to find out the story.

I had a neighbor that did that crap and when the police turned up I went with them to their house and rang the bell. Forced him to admit that he was just being petty ever since I refused to loan him some of my tools. Told him to kick rocks as I don't even loan my tools to my friends, and he consequently got butt hurt about it. Every week the police were being sent out to my house because I was mowing my grass or cleaning out my garage.

I agree with rockgecko03 that she sound like she finds some form of entertainment out of trying to jam people up on BS.

18. Nov 13, 2010 at 2:16 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Call your local animal control agency and ask them for a copy of the law, you should get a better response from them than the PD.
    The PD here doesn't deal with animal complaints, animal control does and you can file a complaint online.

We've complained on a neighbor though not for barking. Their entire dirt back yard was covered in sh!t and stinks, their dogs were living in it, animal control made them clean it up. But...it saturated the dirt and when it rains or gets hot it stinks to high heaven, animal control said they can't do anything about that, they checked the welfare of the dogs.

I'll never understand having "outside" dogs....

19. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    The thing is we never had an issue. I would help them with whatever they needed (remodeling, gardening, mechanical work.) They have always had issues with other people though. I am not certain of their age its in the late 70's early 80's though. I'll just wait them out instead of moving.

20. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I'll never understand having "inside" dogs. All animals are meant to be outside. I do however have 1 inside dog, my reason is she is a female and I don't want her to get stolen. No one would steal my boys and they can't get knocked up. My outside dogs let me know when people are moving around in the neighborhood late at night. They even keep their eyes and ears peeled for my parents yard. I have gone out a few nights to see random unknow people walking about. I live in a small town and you just don't have random people walking the country streets at 2am.

Products Discussed in

To Top