1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WarFab Armor dorks

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by WarFab Armor, Aug 27, 2019.

1. May 21, 2021 at 8:56 PM
    singletrack_ftw

singletrack_ftw “I chopped the wrong leaf!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/singletrack’s-‘dad-shred-build-thread’-i’m-just-doing-it-for-the-kids.619250/ Sos offroad sliders (kickout + filler) Sos offroad full belly skids (steel) Sos offroad front recovery point Sos offroad concepts HC rear bumper with bedside kickout tubes Marlin Crawler LCA frame brace kit Trail Gear rear diff cover Bilstein 5100 + OME 885 Total Chaos UCA BILSTEIN b110 OME Dakar standard pack Wheelers Ubolt flip kit Wheelers Superbump f/r Wheelers SS extended brake lines FN five star 16x8 -25 Milestar Patagonia MT 315/75r16 Custom projector retrofit (acme super h1 + morimoto 4300k) Baja Designs S2 sport ditch pods on CBI ditch pod mounts Amazon AMAK rock lights CMC CB radio hardmount
    @ovrlndkull plus I already cut 20lbs of sheet metal out of my hood in recent weeks so that splits the difference :rofl:

i also really just wanted a powerful reliable winch that was cost effective.

76D8197A-BE41-425F-BEB3-2EAA70C18309.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    ovrlndkull likes this.
  2. May 24, 2021 at 10:07 PM
    WarFab Armor

WarFab Armor [OP] www.warfabarmor.com Vendor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    I am considering the idea of even just slimming my current winch down. Cutting the drum and rods to make it smaller but keeps the ass it has.

ovrlndkull likes this.
  3. May 24, 2021 at 10:16 PM
    TacoTuesday1

TacoTuesday1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sydney
  4. May 25, 2021 at 4:42 AM
    badkids

badkids Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘83 Hilux with a 2JZ
    because racecar

5. May 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM
    singletrack_ftw

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/singletrack’s-‘dad-shred-build-thread’-i’m-just-doing-it-for-the-kids.619250/ Sos offroad sliders (kickout + filler) Sos offroad full belly skids (steel) Sos offroad front recovery point Sos offroad concepts HC rear bumper with bedside kickout tubes Marlin Crawler LCA frame brace kit Trail Gear rear diff cover Bilstein 5100 + OME 885 Total Chaos UCA BILSTEIN b110 OME Dakar standard pack Wheelers Ubolt flip kit Wheelers Superbump f/r Wheelers SS extended brake lines FN five star 16x8 -25 Milestar Patagonia MT 315/75r16 Custom projector retrofit (acme super h1 + morimoto 4300k) Baja Designs S2 sport ditch pods on CBI ditch pod mounts Amazon AMAK rock lights CMC CB radio hardmount
    Just referring to the holes I cut for vents and hood pins. It was sort of a joke but not entirely untrue

6. Jun 1, 2021 at 7:45 AM
    singletrack_ftw

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    @WarFab Armor i literally can’t wait to tuck this front end up high and tight. It’s maddening how easy it is to hit the front skid and crossmember on anything and everything even after trimming the heck out of my bumper and even trimming the crash bar down

647FF2DF-2E55-4946-84D9-CDCE88B8FE8C.jpg
    E27E8E1D-D3C4-4FD4-857A-538589AE3CD8.jpg

7. Jun 1, 2021 at 4:20 PM
    ovrlndkull

ovrlndkull STUKASFK - HC4LIFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    Burlington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB Silver
    63s, XD Machete, Beat not Babied
    Thats kinda what they did with the 9rc model is just scale it down a bit.

8. Jun 2, 2021 at 11:35 AM
    bprout

bprout Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4
    Runs off Hopes and Dreams
    Has anyone been able to reach WarFab over the past several days? I have reached out through email, phone and here on the Forum with no response.

9. Jun 2, 2021 at 11:51 AM
    singletrack_ftw

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    No, I haven’t tried. They’ve posted quite a few IG stories over the last few days though

10. Jun 2, 2021 at 12:05 PM
    bprout

bprout Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4
    Hmm... I guess I will try DMing them then...

11. Jun 2, 2021 at 12:38 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Was a big holiday weekend where our shop was closed, along with everyone else. Your message was just this morning, apologies we don't sit here and wait for posts or messages. Sounds like Ash has you on IG. I am still digging through the 860+ emails from the last week/end. If yours is in there, I'm going through them.

literallynothing likes this.
  12. Jun 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM
    singletrack_ftw

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    Don’t worry, I heard we are coming out with 26hr days soon so you can get even more stuff done per day. :rofl:

13. Jun 2, 2021 at 12:57 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    To clarify in case folks might think we are Amazon or other shops with 10+ office staff sitting around waiting to handle your call/email.
    We are 4 people. 2 + .5 + .5 really.
    We have an off-site guy who does our cad/water/laser/plasma/ and helps on the phones, social, or emails when he can.
    We have Ash who has a full time job and handles phone, social, on here, and email when she is available and can.
    We have Jordan who is only a welder/builder. He does not handle any non making parts stuff.
    Then there is me, I run the errands, build, pick up supplies, set up shipping, deal with lost or damaged shipping, build pallets, load out customers, find materials, answer phones, email, social, etc, and then all the other parts and pieces that go along with things.
    I'd love to hire more people. They don't show up or they can't do the work. We pay better than any other metal shop/supplier in town. People still don't show up. Or even apply. I drive out of state at times to get material because stuff is sold out locally. A lot of places nationally. We haven't advertised anything since November to try and curb ordering so we can try and catch up.
    Jordan works 50 hrs a week. Brian does the same. Ash averages 50+ while (not that it's anyone's business) being pregnant. I work 80-90 hours a week. Ask any of the guys that talk to me on a personal level and they will tell you I am either at the shop or the computer trying to keep things rolling. Are we falling behind and in some views failing at service or time-frames? Absolutely. Am I/we hiding or doing anything intentionally to avoid folks or situations? Absolutely not.
    Brian, your shipment was one of about 37 (can't remember exact) that re currently in review in last 60 days for damage or loss's. Freight doesn't care. They take about 90 days for claims and liability to pan out if you can get ahold of them.
    I post videos and info as regularly as possible to clarify where we are at in the shop and update people. Shit like rst and other companies has screwed a ton of people. Since that kicked off the average customer emails over 4x as much as they used to prior. Without any more sales or anything, the email or call traffic has almost quadrupled. Add in the increasing amount of freight disasters and I'm lucky to get time in the shop to build at all.

So trust me. I get you're frustrated, pissed, annoyed, whatever term you want to use. Multiply that by almost 40 and that's how I've felt the past two months. On a roll for the past year. The excuses and nonsense from.covid, real or fabricated excuses or issues, has trickled down and made everything stupid. Look at ups. They are so bad anymore you can't even see where your package is. They have so many claims they don't even let you follow it. It's an insane time to do anything.
    This isn't a vent or attack on anyone. But I think people see a pretty affordable part compared to other companies prices and don't realize we can price.thenway we can because we don't have a crazy overhead. In turn that means we are slower on the front of house side of things. Despite having a hiring ad up for months now, we've had 3 apply. 2 sucked and one no showed. I may be first fab shop to close being we are too busy and can't get the help or support.

14. Jun 2, 2021 at 1:31 PM
    bprout

bprout Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4
    Totally understand that it was a holiday weekend. Totally understand you aren't Amazon or similar. I expected a long wait. On the other hand, I also expect a certain level of accountability from any company.

I placed my order back in November, was told in Feb that is was at powder coat, proceeded to wait an additional 3 months for powder coating that was never done and eventually refunded, then you guys sent me the bare bumper that showed up damaged missing and all the hardware from the shipping company.

And on top off all that, the order wasn't what I ordered, you sent me the newer version of the swing-out without any notification, even though I placed my order before that was even announced. AND I DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAIN. But now I have a powder coat company pissed at me for taking up space in their shop while we wait on you guys to send me a box of hardware and the damaged parts. I even said just to send the hardware and I can wait on the other parts. I am doing my best to not be impatient but when I have a PC shop calling me everyday and I can't get any information, what else am I supposed to do?

I get your company is heavily impacted and I chose to support you guys for the reason that you are active wheelers and care about the wheeling community and public lands. But there reaches a point where you have to work with your customers to right what was wronged. Almost every aspect of this order has been flawed, so yeah I expect a certain level of communication to make things right.

For you to directly point me out in a post for trying to get an update on an order that has been nothing short of a shit show and then say it isn't an attack on anyone is just petty. I paid you hard earned money for a product that I still technically haven't received in full, and instead of actually reaching back out to me in the many ways I have tried to contact you, you decided to blast it on a public forum.

I didn't want to put you guys on blast, I just wanted an update on my order.

15. Jun 2, 2021 at 1:50 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Did you read what I wrote? I just said in many ways we are failing on multiple levels. Flat out said we don't have the staff and can't get the people to cover what we need and that kills our front of house efforts. Your issue is a direct result of that failure. It's not calling you out or blasting you, it using the situation presented by your specific problem to address issues as a whole. Did I call you impatient. Did I say you were being needy or anything rude? No. I said I understood how you feel about it x dozens more because this issue is killing us. Shipping has been a gigantic nightmare from the start and has gotten worse. If you take it personal, then I do not have an answer for you. Your situation just highlighted a larger issue and a misconception about us as a whole. At times when one person needs info generally a lot more people need that same info so it's a great time to get it out there. Using every opportunity to provide info is drastically needed. Look at the Marlin thread where people post and no one is in there for months. A simple answer or update or info would go miles there. I give that stuff and I'm attacking you and the bad guy. It's a no win.

CG256, RockiesTaco, JoeCOVA and 3 others like this.
  16. Jun 2, 2021 at 2:26 PM
    bprout

bprout Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4
    Of course I read what you wrote, and I respect that you are taking responsibilities for those failures. I really do. You have stated that you have been understaffed, low on resources, etc in the past and I really do feel for you guys and hope that you find a resolution.

I'm sure the rest of the users on here really appreciated that update, and I apologize for taking it personally. I have just been growing more *frustrated* with this process and the lack of communication is only making it worse (though I do have a better understanding of why it is happening now).

Ash notified me that someone will give me a call once the phones are fixed so I'll just keep on eye out for that so hopefully someone can give me the information I am after I guess.

17. Jun 2, 2021 at 4:35 PM
    JoeCOVA

JoeCOVA IG @MightyJoeFlannel

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    35" Trepadors w/ OMF Beadlocks, Kings, OBA, 5.29s etc
    Lol he said his powder coater is bitching at him for taking up space in the shop. :rofl: and accepted a damaged freight delivery..

All I know is I couldn't put in 80+ hours a week and deal with this.

WarFab is great, just give them a little grace.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    eurowner, CG256, mcharfauros and 4 others like this.
  18. Jun 2, 2021 at 4:57 PM
    ovrlndkull

ovrlndkull STUKASFK - HC4LIFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    Burlington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB Silver
    63s, XD Machete, Beat not Babied
    I've got an XJ now so I guess I'll get preferential treatment l :anonymous:

mcharfauros likes this.
  19. Jun 2, 2021 at 8:02 PM
    CG256

CG256 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR
    I've always regretted not learning how to weld. Now more so than ever. :(

20. Jun 2, 2021 at 8:20 PM
    CGoss

CGoss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2006 rad red offroad
    Its always a good time to learn. 3 years ago i didnt know either, i started small with sliders and a bumper, then moved on to redoing my rear suspension. Recently i have been taking on harder and larger stuff and ive been pretty impressed with what i can do. It can be expensive if you want all the fancy stuff, but i started out with a $200 flux core welder for sliders and bumper. Once your confident in your skills you can take on side work and make some money to pay for the better equipment.

literallynothing, JoeCOVA and CG256 like this.
To Top