1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WarFab Armor dorks

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by WarFab Armor, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Jun 2, 2021 at 8:22 PM
    CG256

CG256 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR
    But I want to move to Montrose now!

RockiesTaco likes this.
  2. Jun 9, 2021 at 12:39 PM
    b3itz

b3itz Camp Life

Member:
    Northern KY
    Vehicle:
    2016 MT OR DCSB
    Tuned, geared, armored, BP51s...
    YO! slightly off topic - i'm coming through CO and i have a cab mount relocation kit in my truck. Anyone within a reasonable distance of Breck willing to take on the challenge next week? I'm in town 6/13-6/17. Also picking up my bumper during that time. WOOO!

3. Jun 10, 2021 at 3:50 PM
    singletrack_ftw

singletrack_ftw “I chopped the wrong leaf!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/singletrack’s-‘dad-shred-build-thread’-i’m-just-doing-it-for-the-kids.619250/ Sos offroad sliders (kickout + filler) Sos offroad full belly skids (steel) Sos offroad front recovery point Sos offroad concepts HC rear bumper with bedside kickout tubes Marlin Crawler LCA frame brace kit Trail Gear rear diff cover Bilstein 5100 + OME 885 Total Chaos UCA BILSTEIN b110 OME Dakar standard pack Wheelers Ubolt flip kit Wheelers Superbump f/r Wheelers SS extended brake lines FN five star 16x8 -25 Milestar Patagonia MT 315/75r16 Custom projector retrofit (acme super h1 + morimoto 4300k) Baja Designs S2 sport ditch pods on CBI ditch pod mounts Amazon AMAK rock lights CMC CB radio hardmount
    How is that first batch of front chop kits are coming along? :)

4. Jun 11, 2021 at 4:55 PM
    WarFab Armor

WarFab Armor [OP] www.warfabarmor.com Vendor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Updated some info on social media stuff. Basically there was an issue one way or the other I don't have the details yet for the stuff so while it was done this week it was not too spec so they are redoing it and getting it to me on late Tuesday So once I get that stuff on Wednesday or Thursday I will be shutting up shipping for everyone to get all of that stuff out. Apologize I did want them out this first week, and it did happen, but they kind of screwed up the part so I'll be in touch in the next handful of days and start shipping everything out.

5. Jun 11, 2021 at 5:32 PM
    ovrlndkull

ovrlndkull STUKASFK - HC4LIFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    Burlington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB Silver
    63s, XD Machete, Beat not Babied
    No worries man! Just let me know what shipping is going to be!

singletrack_ftw likes this.
  6. Jun 11, 2021 at 5:41 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Another small update. This does not include anything that's currently waiting at powder coat, I consider those done on our end as their bill we're just waiting for someone else to do their stuff. Next week we are wrapping up a few odd men pieces that didn't fit into batch work that we did. So a couple sets of sliders a couple different front bumpers some fuel baskets and some other random parts. After that all we have on order is rear bumpers. So starting next week any order put in will not be started on until we wrap up all of the current orders. Everything left should be rear bumpers or swing out set up assemblies, and I want to get all of them done. And then we are going to do everything in batches. So once those are wrapped up we will move back to sliders, then we will do a batch of front bumpers, and then we will have our miscellaneous days for fuel can amounts and hitch kids and all of that, and then we will circle back around to rear bumpers. And we are going to keep doing that. So we're just going to roll through orders and knock out everyone that we have of a certain style then go to the next style then go to the next style and so on. I think this is going to be the fairest way to do everything and keep things as streamlined as possible. We are sort of already doing this and it has really helped us chop down on lead times. Like I said, outside of a few random orders here and there that are delayed, mostly swing outs, this is our lowest lead time in the past roughly 15 months maybe? It has been crazy.

7. Jun 11, 2021 at 8:08 PM
    singletrack_ftw

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/singletrack’s-‘dad-shred-build-thread’-i’m-just-doing-it-for-the-kids.619250/ Sos offroad sliders (kickout + filler) Sos offroad full belly skids (steel) Sos offroad front recovery point Sos offroad concepts HC rear bumper with bedside kickout tubes Marlin Crawler LCA frame brace kit Trail Gear rear diff cover Bilstein 5100 + OME 885 Total Chaos UCA BILSTEIN b110 OME Dakar standard pack Wheelers Ubolt flip kit Wheelers Superbump f/r Wheelers SS extended brake lines FN five star 16x8 -25 Milestar Patagonia MT 315/75r16 Custom projector retrofit (acme super h1 + morimoto 4300k) Baja Designs S2 sport ditch pods on CBI ditch pod mounts Amazon AMAK rock lights CMC CB radio hardmount
    Thank you so much for that thorough update, I really appreciate it and I understand how understaffed and heavy order volume you are these days. So stoked for the kit, will have it chopped up and installed within a couple weeks of receiving it

8. Jun 13, 2021 at 1:03 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Just wanted to share here. If you go to Instagram and check out the mid-Atlantic off-roading page, they are one of the very few people that we have that can sell our products other than just us. We are kicking off the summer and outdoor season with a good giveaway with them, with a huge potential for someone that does trail clean ups or maintenance getting in on some goods. The trail systems have seen quite some abuse over the last year with everything going on so promoting trail cleaned up and maintenance was definitely a good thing. These items are already built ready to go and there's a few weeks to get involved. Info is on our page but the entry is on their page.

9. Jun 13, 2021 at 1:15 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Another thing I wanted to bring up was after discussing the feedback we got here and some of the things, we've decided to try to do the video updates at least once a week. So we're going to shoot for every Thursday or Friday getting a new video up with info of what's going on where we're at on parts and pieces and just general information for getting stuff out there. The videos seem to be a big hit it lets everybody see what's going on it's not us just saying what we're doing or not doing or what's happening so I think that we're going to continue that process and keep pushing that action forward

10. Jun 13, 2021 at 2:59 PM
    singletrack_ftw

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD OR 4wd
    This is an excellent idea and you can constantly refer people such as myself “tune in to our Thursday or Friday “shop update” video with regards to your general questions on timelines. IMO this is a great way to BATCH your updates

WarFab Armor [OP] likes this.
  11. Jun 13, 2021 at 9:58 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Link to the GAW
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQEk9ueHwEr/

12. Jun 13, 2021 at 10:00 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Agreed. Let's us show what parts are built or pallets to ship, boxes going out, materials we have in or are waiting on. Or, as will be most relevant the next few weeks, just how many rear bumpers we are building.
    Speaking of rear bumpers. 2g guys have a lot of feedback they felt the brackets were a bit too tight to frame, especially with powder, so we have made an adjustment to be a tad wider. You'd never know unless installing one. But just an update.

CGoss and singletrack_ftw like this.
  13. Jun 14, 2021 at 11:35 AM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
  14. Jun 14, 2021 at 8:31 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Ok. We get tagged daily in this topic so might as well give our .02 and be done.

Hitch skids. Us vs drt fab.
    My take:
    It's a matter of preference. Pretty part vs clearance and heft.

Drt makes rad stuff. Their skid is no different. It's clean, it's very pretty, and for most people does what they'll need.

Ours, like anything else, aren't. It's point driven build. Here's the differences I see (I don't know their build process so just based off pics, presumed assembly, and their site.
    -Our shackle is welded to the skid and the receiver tube, dual pass Tig/mig. There's is welded to rear plate.
    -our shackle is up away and protected, theirs is exposed.
    -they pull pretty direct load on receiver tube, ours does as well (this is based off how it's welded and tied in, however I think they take the advantage here)
    - they are 3/16, we are 1/4
    - they are narrower, we are wider. (argument both ways here. Pick your poison)
    - we have better departure angle (we drag less, and not on the shackle mount at that)
    - ours looks like skid plate with a mount, theirs is a fancy piece.
    - same for same (build and powder) they run about 45$ more.

There. That's my take. Now hopefully I'll get less tags in it every time it's brought up. Not sure if folks anticipate a 'battle' between us or whatever, but there won't be. As far as I see it we make different parts.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  15. Jun 15, 2021 at 6:37 AM
    CO MTN Steve

CO MTN Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    RaMbLiN' CoLoRaDo
    Vehicle:
    2015 Taco DCSB Blue
    Lifted, Armored, needs more lights.
    My 2 Cents, people don't want to use their brains and decide for themselves which will work best.

Instead they troll fabricators with these BS questions and then complain they are not answered, demand you provided hourly updates on "whatever they ordered" or why isn't "whatever they ordered" done because they assume you have have an army of people working 24/7.

I don't envy your job at all. :burp:

16. Jun 15, 2021 at 9:50 AM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica
    Icon, AllPro, Total Chaos, ARB, BAMF, Relentless, SCS, Cooper, Leer,
    YO the only thing I read that mattered deserved a congratulations. You and Ash and the tiny human. Congratulations Mike.

17. Jun 15, 2021 at 6:19 PM
    WarFab Armor

Member:
    Best-Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Pile of go slow parts.
    Thanks. Last few weeks of some sleep. Be real team no sleep here soon.

18. Jun 15, 2021 at 6:24 PM
    Sixthelement

Sixthelement Ran over a Yeti once, Texas, never again

Member:
    Flagstaff
    Vehicle:
    17 Turd 3.5 OR 4x4
    Bunch o stuff.
    4 kids here. Becomes automatic after a bit. But gotta be careful on some of the sleep walking.
    Diapers. Once you find a brand that works well. Get more than you think you need. Need a box because the baby’s pooping a lot. Get 2 boxes.
    Clothes. Yea maybe a few new set here and there for pictures. Otherwise secondhand. They will grow out of em before they wear them once.

meh I’m rambling on.

19. Jun 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Unknown Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Monrovia, CA
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtracab
    The sheer amount of diapers, good god the diapers...my daughter easily went through 2k of them the first 15 months. I'm convinced somewhere in the world there's a massive continent comprised solely of used diapers.

ovrlndkull likes this.
  20. Jun 15, 2021 at 6:50 PM
    ovrlndkull

ovrlndkull STUKASFK - HC4LIFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    Burlington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB Silver
    63s, XD Machete, Beat not Babied
    Amen to the used clothes I still do that and mine is 8. She gets a few nice new things a yr but for the most part used. Probably because the money saved is better spent investing in the kid's future rather than something that won't last a yr.

To Top