1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warning!!!! 09 Trans TSB is a NO GO with TRD Supercharger

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by virgilus11, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:32 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    I bet you right. These was a mecanic answer.

I am pretty sure the guy had a manual tran. I am not sure but I don't think they have these problems.

Looks like we are both in the same boat here. I will keep you informed and -please do the same thing as to what could be done.

Thank you.

2. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    novakills

novakills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks

absolutely...

3. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    novakills

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks

4. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats

5. Dec 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Can you tell me exactly what your transmission was doing before the TSB tranny update and what it did afterward?

I have an auto in my 4Runner and it has a bad jerk on decelleration. Is that the problem you where having?

G

6. Dec 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Not at all. From first to second on acceleration I would feel a harsh push. Also when slowing down at red light, sometime when I did not have to make a full stop (also parking lot speeds) I press the pedal to accelerate but nothing happens. The engine would race but the car would not move. Is like the transmission was in neutral and then kicks hard at about 2000 rpm. All this between first and second only. After the TSB all this was gone. All this would not matter. The supercharger comes with is own set up to make the tran change gear faster.

I finally got it tonight. They installed a new ECU (computer) and to tell you, sincerely, it was worth it. The truck accelerate now if you need to. At 70 mph you don't know that is there until you mash the pedal. It does make a lot more noise then my old 4 Runner did. I am going to put couples miles tomorrow. I had to take it easy tonight.

The tech told me that, when I drove the truck to the dealer I overflowed a little bit the cat converter with gas. The new injector was sending more gas then the engine was burning. The extra gas, ended in the cat converter. The tech told me that could have cost me a cat. I am pretty sure there is some truth there because when he got back from the test drive the car was smelling pretty bad. Everything is OK now and finally got my baby home. Thank you all for all the help and (or) suggestions.

7. Dec 18, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    I finally got it home. They had to put a new computer and everything is Ok now. Wish you good luck. If you have any ??? please don't hesitate.

8. Dec 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    novakills

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport

congrats. i hope to have the same luck with my 2010. i'm leaving next wednesday night for a 2500 mile trip so i'm not even going to try to get it installed and reflashed until i get back.

9. Feb 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    F-125Racer

F-125Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09,DC,TRD Sport, 4WD, TRD S/C
    For those that are waiting for the updated TRD ECU re-flash to make the TRD Supercharger re-flash work on the 2009-2010 trucks that have had the trans TSB, it is finally ready!
    If your dealer can't find it, the TIS file # is 3YWG1100.

10. Feb 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Thank you for posting. In my case they had to install a new ECU with the old set up. It means that I still have the old jumpy shifting. Do you have any idea if this is going to fix this issue also ???. Or ,, this is going to allow you to install the supercharger only ???. I will make a call to the Dealer tomorrow but I all ready see the service advisor looking at me like I fell from another Planet. Thank you.

11. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:24 AM
    F-125Racer

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    My source just said that a truck with the tranny TSB done, will now accept the S/C re-flash. He didn't say if it a truck with the S/C re-flash would accept the tranny TSB.

12. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Yep,,, two questions,,, at least we have the answer to one of them.

At least the guys that are waiting to install the supercharger can have theirs dream now.

13. Feb 10, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    novakills

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    spoke with my dealer and they had me bring my truck in to hook up their scan gauge because when they entered my VIN into their computer it didn't recognize it. scan gauge says i can get the TRD SC re-flash that was released on 02-04-10. my truck goes in next wednesday for my SC install, finally.

14. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Happy for you men.

15. Apr 30, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I was just reading some threads and I can't believe you had the same issue as i do except in reverse !. I got the trd supercharger on my 09 tacoma and after a while noticed the shifting was really sloppy on the downshift. When accelerating slowly i found that around 60mph my transmission would upshift and would actually 'slip' and rev for a few hundred rpm suddenly before catching gear. Than the auto trans tsb came out. The dealer tried and tried applying the TSB but obviously with the TRD supercharger and the tune that it came with wouldn't allow it. Did the TIS # 3YWG1100 work for you ? and if so how does the truck drive now ??

16. Apr 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    F-125Racer

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    No issues at all !!

17. May 5, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Any of you guys have to change the supercharger belt so far ???. I have a little bit over 10 k and the belt start to have some cracks.
    I did some reading and the guy's are suggesting Gates belts. The problem with this is that they are making 62" and 63". Our belt is 62 1/4".

Now my question is - do you think that the tensioner would compensate better for the 62" or the 63".

18. May 5, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    Vidman

Vidman Protected by Glock

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    central Mass
    Vehicle:
    black TRD sport AC
    Not Enough
    Im glad some of you got your problems resolved by Toyota and TRD concerning the sc with auto. I am thinking about getting a sc from toyota also. I have an 09 with a 6 speed and was wondering if there are any issues with the manual. I didn,t want to hi-jack your thread but you guys seem to know more about the install than some of the dealers. As for the belt,it seems to me that the 62 inch would work better..JMO...Thanks for helping me spend my money:D:D:D

19. May 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    As far I know, there are no problem with the manual and supercharger. You should be good to go and I am pretty sure you will not regret the buy. When about the belt ,,, I was wrong. I remove the old belt, tonight and the belt is 71" long and is a five rib. I have to find out if the 09 is different or I was miss informed.

Products Discussed in

To Top