1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warning Indicator Lights After Install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by insomnizac, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Mar 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    insomnizac

insomnizac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport DC
    So I installed my new HU and steering wheel control this weekend and after all my celebrating that it all works I notice my SRS warning light is now on...I know during the install I turned everything on with the clock not plugged in so I'm thinking I might have triggered a code?? I can have it reset no prob but was wondering if anyone else had any issues with codes showing up after an aftermarket stereo install. Until I get the SRS code fixed I can only put my truck in drive by pushing the button next to the shifter...ugh. Also, I ran to the store today and on my way back now have the slip indicator and malfunction indicator lights on. When I wired the stereo I used the two stereo harnesses and a couple wires from the 8215 shell harness for the steering wheel control. There was a black harness that was unused. Did I miss something or do I just need the codes reset?

2. Mar 26, 2012 at 3:47 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    After unplugging the clock on my truck the airbag light came on. After driving around for a few minutes it reset itself and the light went off.

3. Mar 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    insomnizac

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport DC
    I'm gonna try to unbolt the negative wire from the battery and reattach...hope that helps. If not I'll have the codes checked and reset cause as of today they're still on.

4. Mar 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    What is an 8125 Shell harness?

5. Mar 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    insomnizac

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport DC
    Its the harness that has the three wires for connecting the steering wheel control interface.

Got everything fixed now...just a blown fuse thank god. Just a lesson learned to pass on, don't turn the ignition any until everything is plugged in. I think by not having the clock unit plugged in while I tested everything out caused the fuse to blow.

6. Mar 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    The instructions with my Rosen specifically state not to turn the key on with the clock module unplugged or it could require a dealer SRS reset.

7. Apr 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    AllBLKTaco

AllBLKTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD double cab
    Hey Guys and Gals, just a heads up! On my 2007 Tacoma after installing the seat covers my "airbag" light came on. I tried several different things to get it to go away including, disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, rechecking all connections under both front seats to no avail. Finally bit the bullet and took it to the dealer. Turns out it came up with code #B1801 (Spiral Spring Faulty). Fortunately it was covered under the Airbag recall and was free of charge. If you guys see this, I'd suggest taking it into the dealer or just deal with the ANNOYING red light on your dash. Take Care.

Products Discussed in

To Top