1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

warning lights and locked out

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacos2go, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    tacos2go

tacos2go [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    walt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    My 09 just locked out in park so I pryed the lockout release cap off, pushed release and got on my way. Then warning lights started appearing, check engine, SRS and traction control. I checked fuses under the hood and inside under the dash. None were blown. Truck runs fine and everything seems be working except I still get locked out in park. Does this sound like an easy fix or a visit to the dealer? thx

2. Jan 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    do you have brake lights ???

3. Jan 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    take it to the dealer if you are still under the warranty! that doesn't sound like something you want to try to fix now and come to have break down the road when you aren't under warranty anymore!

4. Jan 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Next to the shifter there is a 1/2 inch square plug. you pop that plug out and push down on the button and then you can get the shifter out of park Just in front of the "P"

5. Jan 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    GTABurnout

GTABurnout Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior TRD SC
    Icons, TRD Supercharger, TRD Exhaust, TRD Intake
    Wonder if the brake switch went bad on you.

6. Jan 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Recheck the stop light fuse just to be sure. Do you have aftermarket trailer wiring or a campershell brake light on this truck? If so, make sure it's not pinched and touching ground somewhere.

7. Jan 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    tacos2go

tacos2go [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    walt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Brake lights work but I discovered the A/C will not come on, the turn signals wont work and the back-up camera doesn't come on in reverse. Park still locked out. Think I'll start pulling fuses again. I't's got 41K miles. I'm thinking maybe an alternator or battery might be dyin' on me. I'll post an update later. thx for the suggestions.

8. Jan 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!

Check# 8 in the under dash fuse box, pull it out and look hold it up to the light. Sometimes at first glance they look fine.
    Did it throw a CEL also?

9. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    IG1 fuse under the dash. (10 amp )

10. Mar 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    massoctane

massoctane New Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    I have same exact problem after towing a trailer that was wired wrong. Which fuse is it????

It also messed up my neutral safety switch possibly from towing too much weight. Not really sure about that though. I've towed that trailer with the same weight many times. Although i was driving aggressive on the highway. I have 80,000 miles with a 6 year 100 thousand mile warranty. I hope its covered. I'm taking it to the dealer for a $125 diagnostic in the afternoon just so they can confirm then tell me if its covered.

11. Mar 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    kenneth.morris07

kenneth.morris07 كافر‎

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenneth
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Relentless Fab plate bumper,aFe Cold air intake, 12" JL sub, RE tweeters and speakers, Kenwood Head unit, Autodim/temp/compass mirror from Bob, baffled oil catch can
    ^^This!

12. Mar 25, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    massoctane

massoctane New Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    All my fuses are good but still have my problems.

Products Discussed in

To Top