1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warning...........Narcotics check point ahead!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by surfsupl, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Sep 18, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    man it was stuff in my wallet. some cash, a $75 best buy gift card i just got, my library card and my license. and i tried to file a complaint but i kept running into dead ends and they kept telling me i didnt have my license. but i remember the cop using it to get my DL number cuz i didnt know it.

anyways thats all i wanted to hear. you were unlawfully stopped and harrassed and its good you got him fired and took care of. all im tyring to say is it happens. and i believe it happens far too often

2. Sep 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    I've worked narcotics in Houston for almost 16 years now and have been part of thousands of cases. I live in a small town outside of Houston, so I am familiar with big city and small town policing. This is not a slam on you (b/c obviously I don't know you), but here are some of my thoughts after reading your posts......

After reading that you have been searched 4-5 times, it raised some red flags. I've haven't been pulled over 4-5 times for traffic violations, let alone been SEARCHED 4-5 times. Makes me wonder what you are doing to be searched this many times. That's quite a lot and out of the norm. Remember I do this for a living, and obviously when you are on the road you must be doing something that draws the attention of LE.

I have been told that "yeah, you don't get pulled over b/c you're a cop." Well, there is nothing on my personal vehicle that shows that I'm a cop that lets other police officers know who I am. I guess that been a law abiding person keeps me from being pulled over.

I deal primarily with street level stuff (dealing mainly with cocaine) and here some things I've come to know in 16 years.

Crack cocaine users don't just stick to smoking crack as their one crime. They are the ones burglarizing homes, robbing people, breaking into cars, and stealing everything not bolted down.......TO PAY FOR THEIR DRUG HABIT!!!

Crack cocaine dealers are the same, but aim a little higher when it comes to what they steal. Crack dealers look for targets of opportunity. I'm currently dealing with a very violent group of ATM drive through robbers now that are also my local dope dealers.

Not a big fan of making small weed cases, but as long it is against the law it is my job to enforce it. One thing I have found is that most of the criminals I deal with smoke weed.....and smoke weed in their vehicle! Weed has a very distinctive smell, so if you are smoking it or have it in your vehicle, most likely I'm going to smell it (on your clothes or coming from your vehicle). That my friends is called probable cause.

What you have to realize is that there are so many traffic laws, it is not had to find a violation giving an officer a reason to pull you over. When I'm doing an investigation and want someone pulled over, I just need to follow them b/c sooner or later THEY WILL commit some type of violation. If you live in Houston pull up our city ordinances, in addition to the state traffic laws. You will be amazed out how many there are that you didn't know about.

amen

yup

You admit that you have been arrested before and not always on the right side of the law. This might explain your feelings towards law enforcement. Most people who have been caught aren't too happy about it and tend to have ill will towards the officer. Like I've told many of the people I have arrested.."I'm not putting you in jail, you put yourself in jail".

Bottom line is that it is law enforcement job to catch criminals. If caught breaking the law, don't be mad and blame me...blame yourself.

3. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    cgilbane

cgilbane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    remote reservoir fox shocks front and rear
    wow......you guys are a lot different than ive been thinking these past few years ive been a member here.....

4. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    listen i think they have the right to make sure you are not under the influence of alchool, drug's but to go as far as search my car or run a dog through it f. that.....

5. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    in what way?????

6. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :popcorn:

7. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    were you hoping for a rainbow?????:eek:

8. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    can you pass some over here please:D

9. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
  10. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Sure, here you go :popcorn:

11. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    im making soup:stirthepot:

12. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    :hungry: what kind? :D

13. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    oh popcorn and soup:D

14. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    Buzzoff

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    for the munchies?:D

15. Sep 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    After reading just the first page,

X2.

16. Sep 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    The OP stated that he didn't have his weed with him this time, and uses the stuff on the road. Let me know if you if you are coming to Vegas. Post your itinerary so I know which areas of town to avoid while you're here. Using that stuff and driving is as bad as drinking under the influence of alcohol, and I for one am glad that guys like you are being checked on. We had six kids here in Vegas killed by a driver under the influence of weed running her car off the road. Don't think it's okay to be high while driving. I want to thank the cops who are part of the effort to keep the stuff off the roads.

17. Sep 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    not enough

18. Sep 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    listen i dont think you should drive under the influence of weed....
    the police have the right to checkyour sobriety.....
    that being said i have no problem with people smoking weed in there homes or whatever.....
    so for the police to run a drug dog through your car or search it is bull shit....
    unless your coming from mexico border or what not.....
    just ,my 2 c

19. Sep 18, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    Griztaco

Griztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    I am anti drug, but pro-freedom, pro-constitution. As far as the drug war is concerned, if there is a demand, there will always be a supply, thus catching druggies at checkpoints will never solve the problem unless we HELP (not prosecute) those who succumbed to peer pressure and are addicted to drugs. These checkpoints are just supplying the state with money...important also.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_are_c...ce_need_probable_cause_to_make_a_traffic_stop
    here is something some of you might want to read...

[SIZE=+1]The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized[/SIZE]

20. Sep 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    Buzzoff

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    A dog is run around the OUTSIDE of a vehicle first. This is a free air search which a person can't refuse. If the dog hits on the vehicle after this free air search of the exterior, then this is PC enough to search the interior of the vehicle. They are not just running a dog or searching people's vehicles at random for no reason or PC

Products Discussed in

To Top