1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

warranty question

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gibby0087, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    gibby0087

gibby0087 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maple Ridge
    Tailgate Mod, Window Deflectors
    hello, so i just bought myself a 2012 dbcb Tacoma trd and i already want to lift it lol. so my question is whats covered for suspension in the warranty? I've read the warranty and all i saw in there was that i cant use "non-Toyota" parts or it will void the warranty. im looking to put the blistein 5100 up front for now just to level my truck. so in my mind since my Tacoma came with blistein shocks already i would be replacing the old ones with the same product. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

2. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    BC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR Prerunner 4x4
    Prerunner conversion FJ TCase Locked front & rear 4.56 gears Brute Force Hybrid Dirty 5's See build thread
  3. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    BC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR Prerunner 4x4
    Prerunner conversion FJ TCase Locked front & rear 4.56 gears Brute Force Hybrid Dirty 5's See build thread
    If you decided not to install at the dealership, check out Dales alignment. There right behind Langley Chrysler. I get all my servicing done there. The owner has a Tacoma himself, really knowlagable about what you can and cant do. They stock and sell Blistein's there too if you dont want to deal with ordering from the states.

4. Jul 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    gibby0087

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maple Ridge
    thanks ya i asked the sales rep at toyota about lifting it and he just kinda said that i wouldnt be alowed to. but he didnt seem to sure. do you know if lordco sells blistein? ive been meaning to go in there on the weekend to check it out but havnt had a chance.

5. Jul 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    BC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR Prerunner 4x4
    Think they only sell monroe, dont quote me on that tho.

If you were to buy them yourself, id order from toytec.com
    http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pa...tegory_id=113&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

Check out the OME setup too. If you plan on doing some offroading they perform great. Theres tones of threads in the suspension section about which setups perform the best to what your trying to acomplish.

If you go with Billy's, give Dales a call, they should be able to hook you up. Even if you decide to order the parts online (might be cheaper) they'll still install and align it.
    http://www.dalesalignment.com/index.htm

6. Jul 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    allaballas

allaballas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adi
    Surrey (Cloverdale)
    Vehicle:
    2010 4Runner sr5 upgrade
    I just did Bilstein 5100's and ome springs all around on my 2010 4runner. I made sure warranty would still be intact after. Toyota said; Shocks would no longer be covered, but they're not toyota so i kind of figured that. but everything else would stay under the warranty. They asked how much lift i was doing, i said 3" and they replied that was fine, they did some calculation to figure the drive shaft angles and i would stay in the safe zone without a diff drop. The max lift to stay in the safe zone was 2.8". I contacted ARB about their claims to 3" on their springs and they said after sag they are actually more like 2.5", so i am fine.

Custom Truck, in Port kells sells billys, Cap-it in your area sell billys and ome(ARB), and Like DJ posted Dale's Alignment stock Taco Billys at there location. They did the work on my truck, and numerous other ricer vehicles of mine. I have nothing but good to say about them.

7. Jul 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    1989supraturbo

1989supraturbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Comox B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD 6 Spd MGM
    Your location says Maple ridge, is that where you spoke to the sales rep?
    I bought my 2012 there and then my dad got a job there. The dealer here in Courtenay has a revtek (sp?) levelling kit for $650 that is covered under warranty, my dad told me that if they can offer it here then Maple Ridge should be able to offer it as well.
    I can give you info to talk to him if you'd like or if you just want to go there, his name is Dave.

8. Jul 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    gibby0087

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maple Ridge
    lol ya your dad totally sold me my 2012 lol. ya i asked one of the other sales reps and they didnt seem to think it would be covered. i asked the service guy there and he said that any parts that get damaged wouldnt be covered if the lift caused the damage but then said that if lifted properly that its very unlikely to cause damage.

9. Jul 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    These trucks should be built this way....or at least as an option. The suspension sucks...more like a car than truck

To Top