1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

warranty question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gibby0087, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    gibby0087

gibby0087 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maple Ridge
    Tailgate Mod, Window Deflectors
    hello, so i just bought myself a 2012 dbcb Tacoma trd and i already want to lift it lol. so my question is whats covered for suspension in the warranty? I've read the warranty and all i saw in there was that i cant use "non-Toyota" parts or it will void the warranty. im looking to put the blistein 5100 up front for now just to level my truck. so in my mind since my Tacoma came with blistein shocks already i would be replacing the old ones with the same product. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

2. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I take it back -You are in Canada. Not sure what will happen.

3. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    gibby0087

gibby0087 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maple Ridge
    Tailgate Mod, Window Deflectors
    ya i know lol, i know you guys in the states have the magnuson-moss act. but i haven't found a Canadian version. ive seen on a couple Google searches that it should apply up here to since Canada, usa and any English speaking country all have the same English law.

4. Jul 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    In Canada:

Financed vehicle:
    If you instal any aftermarket part and something goes wrong, Toyota has to prove that it was your parts that made the manufacture equipment fail. For example, you instal a lift and you have your ECU crap out, they can not say they void the warranty because you have an aftermarket lift. If your lift caused manufacture equipment to fail(OEM shocks for example) then it would void only that part of the warranty. There are dealerships out there that will instal aftermarket equipment and warranty it, only if they instal it and sell it(Few far and in between I've found).

If you have a leased vehicle Toyota would have to instal it and also approve it(it would have to be a Toyota equipment). If you were to not buy the vehicle or re-lease(at leases end) another they could charge you to take off your aftermarket equipment and instal OEM(Some dealers are more anal than others). People have installed aftermarket stuff and just had taken the stuff off at leases end. I'm sure that there are mod friendly dealers out there somewhere. They are more anal about leased vehicles because there is the chance they could get screwed. On a financed vehicle they don't get it at the end, unless you sell it back to them.

So either way you're going to be fine. If the instal is done wrong and it messes with OEM stuff then you'd have an issue. I highly doubt that will happen. So mod on!!

Products Discussed in

To Top