1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warranty replaced ball joints, no alignment??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RAT PRODUCTS, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Apr 16, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS [OP] RAT Products

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sierra Denali
    The previous owner of my truck got the ball joints replaced under warranty back in 2005. On the receipt is says nothing about an alignment. Now the same tires are completely worn to chords on the insides from misalignment.

Anyway, anyone know if I can get a free alignment out of Toyota? I don't live by the same dealer, and it's been 5 years and out of warranty. I would like to save the $70, cuz free is always better!;)

2. Apr 17, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I doubt it...Cause letting the tires get that bad is his fault. Your fault for not having him take some money off so you can buy new tires or something like that.

150 for the lifetime alignment from Firestone.

3. Apr 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    slickyd

slickyd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alex City, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5
    i just got it that replacement done last year and they gave me a free alignment.

4. Apr 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    blitz10

blitz10 Active Member

Member:
    I am glad this was brought up. My truck is at the dealership now, awaiting the ball joints to come in . I bought the truck in Jan and found out the recall on the ball joints had not been done. Checked the dealership and they would have to order, hadn't done one in awhile. I went by a month ago and checked to see if they had them. Yes, made an appointment to have them installed, 1 month later was the soonest I could get in. I parked my truck and left the keys in their door slot. Next morning a service rep calls and says come pick the truck up, the ball joints are out of stock and they will order. I explained that I had taken care of my part, now it was their turn. PITA to get family to pick you up and take you back when the truck is done. Supposed to be done on Monday, it has been sitting there since Wednesday. I have new wheels and tires, less than 100 miles on them. My alignment better be good. It didn't occur to me to ask or find out if replacing the ball joints would cause an issue with the alignment.

5. Apr 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS [OP] RAT Products

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sierra Denali
    blitz10, It will cause a major issue if it the alignment is off. 15,000 miles and my decent tires are junk on the insides. All 4 because they were rotated on schedule.

At least I got the truck cheap so I might be able to get some new ones soon. Bad part is a lift, bigger wheels, and bigger tires go hand in hand....

6. May 26, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    crazyasu45

crazyasu45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    3" SUSPENSION LIFT
    what years does the recall cover?

7. May 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM