1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

was at the dealer today and.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by socal_av, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Aug 23, 2009 at 4:07 AM
    socal_av

socal_av [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Palmdale <CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TACOMA DC LB Sport Mag Gray
    alot soon. hopefully
    was just checking it out.. maybe to see if i could get a good deal on the truck... but they would not budge off of msrp. took edmunds TMV too. The sales man was my friends friend,.. and told me to go back Tuesday and he could give me invoice. man i was mad. managers wouldn't budge because of the cash for clunkers. but it ends Monday. and he said after that the manager will be willing to negotiate. . so just waiting for it to end now.! :mad:..im glad its almost over. anyone else without a clunker have the same problem?

2. Aug 24, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    novakills

novakills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks
    I had the same thing happen last week. They found the truck i was looking for but would have to dealer trade a Prius for it. They said it wasn't worth it to trade the Prius and sell me the truck for less than MSRP. I walked. Bet they'll be willing to negotiate after the clunker thing ends and they have 40 2010 Tacomas sitting on the lot for a few months.

Patience is your best negotiating tool. Good luck.

3. Aug 24, 2009 at 7:00 AM
    copernicus

copernicus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yea, you're not gonna get anybody moving on prices when they have guaranteed $4500 on the table.

4. Aug 24, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    motopilot

motopilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central FL
    Vehicle:
    '22 DC TRD SPORT
    So think I should wait til middle of this week? Cash for klunkers does not take my subie outback w/ 210K on it. Gave it away basically to a friends younger brother as his first car.

5. Aug 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    wolf13

wolf13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    I am tacoma shopping as well, I was told the same thing last week. They couldn't even get me a tacoma at the dealership I was at because they had nothing to trade for the couple they found in their 300 mile radius that I was interested in. He said most of the dealers aren't dealing because people are walking in and paying full MSRP, not even trying to negotiate. I got a look at the inventory and theres a lot coming in, he said to call him after the 9th when the new pricing/discount schedual is released and theres stuff on the lots. The salesman (he's the internet contact) also mentioned that he thinks the dealerships are going to take a hit over the next few months because of COC clearing out so many potential buyers so fast, and I saw that sentiment echoed on CNN friday that thats a major fear now for the car companies. My thought is don't get in a hurry right now, let the dust settle from COC, let them restock and get competion back.

6. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I've heard the same thing from another TW member looking to upgrade. Today is the last day... 5pm PST!

7. Aug 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    socal_av

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Palmdale <CA
    Vehicle:
    alot soon. hopefully
    ya.. im kind of in the need for a truck right now.. my car just took a dump on me.. rod bearings. doesnt qualify for clunker anyways. so im riding around my motorcycle right now. I dont usually have that as my daily driver. but the salesman told me to go back tuesday. he said he can definately give me invoice then. so tomorrow it is. judgement day. we will see.. im glad this cash for clunkers is almost done. 3 more hours haha

8. Aug 24, 2009 at 5:16 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    This is one of many reasons why "cash for clunkers" is complete nonsense. Normally you'd be able to haggle over the vehicle price but dealers were not haggling as the OP discovered so the retail price ends up being more in the end anyway.

9. Aug 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Think about how many people are just taking the $4500 or $3500 & not negotiating from msrp. Heck sometimes you can do better than that on your own without the gov money.

10. Aug 24, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    Dealer gave me a nice quote on a 2009 AC manual last week. I talked to the sales manager and he apologized they had no 2009 in the colors i wanted anywhere in the Mass area and they would have a 2010 coming in on the 9th........a day after the current incentive expires. He gave me a quote for a couple grand under MSRP which i can throw down a deposit on to hold. Depending on what toyota does after the 8th I can lose or make some on the deal. No harm in putting a refundable deposit down I suppose.....

BTW I could sense they were beat from all the clunker deals. Slow to call back and coming off their high. We'll see how they are in a few weeks. I hope Toyota keep the incentives coming after the 8th.

11. Aug 24, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    j4x4ar3

j4x4ar3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - White
    Round Step Bars, Bed Mat, Cargo Bars, Rocky Mounts bike mount, JVC MP3 Head Unit, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Rigid Industries front and rear light pods, dual HAM radio with remote mount heads.
    Wait.. that was a poor excuse by the dealer. None of the V6 Tacoma's are even elligible for cash for clunkers as they don't get a significantly higher mileage with 20 being the top end HWY. Geeze.. dealer was blowing smoke big time.

12. Aug 25, 2009 at 12:30 AM
    socal_av

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Palmdale <CA
    Vehicle:
    alot soon. hopefully
    ya im trying to go with at least Edmunds true market value/ sams club/costco pricing. which is pretty much invoice. The sales guys keeps telling me his managers are trying not to let it go for that cheap. but im going in tomorrow. might be different in person. dont feel like driving out much further..but i might have to. its an 09 Access cab V6 auto off road. mag grey. also have a red access Sr5 v6 auto. with steel rims. And thats all the tacos they have, Their lot is real empty. Clunkers cleaned them out.

13. Aug 26, 2009 at 5:06 AM
    Shades_Of_Red

Shades_Of_Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium Cavalry Blue
    A few.
    The tacomas were eligible if you had a truck/suv clunker that averaged 16mpg or less.

Products Discussed in

To Top