1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Was the designer of the Tacoma interior an Alcoholic?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The Shape, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Nov 29, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    That's actually one thing I don't like about my '10. The "cup" holder in the center console doesn't fit even a medium sized drink nor does it fit my reusable water bottle.
    It's not big enough. Now how stupid must you be to make it too small? I've never seen any vehicle with cup holders that are too small in diameter. :(

2. Nov 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    i have 13 also..2 in front of shifter,1 behind shifter,2 behind center counsel and 2 on all four doors...lol the salesmen actually used that as a selling point like i really cared about having all those cup holders

3. Nov 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    haha my buddy used to have a 97 buick lesabre and we figured out that 40 oz'ers would fit in the cupholders, IN THE BROWN BAG

4. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    I only counted 9?

1 front door right
    1 front door left
    1 console center
    2 console under radio
    1 back door right
    1 back door left
    2 console back seat

5. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    You shouldn't complain... I basically have 0.
    There's 1 behind the shifter (useless if you have a manual on 1st gens), and 1 that slides out into 2 beside the shifter. They are way too short and the one farther from me won't fit anything taller than a can and when you slide it out a normal drink will fit in it but you better keep your hand on it when you're not shifting or away it goes.

6. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Oh, and in addition to the center console holder being too small are the useless ones underneath the radio. Every time I put something in there and pull it out I pull out the rubber inserts. #fail

7. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    onepremiere

onepremiere I Tinker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Left Coast
    My D-Cab holds 2 DOUBLE BIG GULPS securely... Thats unheard of!!!!!!!

8. Nov 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    Sunburst

Sunburst Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Headwaters of the Everglades
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Revtek 3" lift, HID Headlights/Fogs, Tinted windows, Leather Seats, Weather Tech floor mats & Side Window deflectors, LED lights

Too Damn Funny!!!!:D

9. Nov 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I really appreciate the cup holders in my truck. Before the Tacoma I had an 89 4Runner which had..... 0 cupholders. I had to buy the lame aftermarket ones and hang them from the glove box, and on bumpy roads I got in the habit of holding the can so nothing would spill out. Sadly enough when my 4Runner got stolen (I got it back the same day) they stole my damn cupholders:mad:, so I had to go without them for a while. I love my Tacoma and it's ridiculous amount of cupholders.:)

10. Nov 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DCab TRD Sport
    Obviously you guys haven't had a vehicle with crappy cup holders, otherwise you'd appreciate every single one in the Tacoma.

As a dad, I appreciate ALL of the 13 cupholders that are in my DCab. On long trips, I easily use up three cupholders myself;

(1) Cold drink (water, fruit juice, gatorade)
    (2) Hot drink (tea)
    (3) Thermos for more hot drinks (tall containers fit very well in the door pocket cup holders)

Add in another 3 for the wife in the passenger side... (same stuff), then give the little ones a bottle of water each in the back, some spares in their door pockets and you're good to go.

Excellent set-up IMO

11. Nov 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    In my '84 I would set the A/C on re-circ and put a six pack in the glove box ..... a cold redirected cold air on them. :rasta:

12. Nov 30, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    That must be my problem- someone removed the cupholder from the front of my shifter. Gonna have to hunt down some sumbitch...

13. Nov 30, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    8 in the doors (front and rear)
    2 in front of the shifter (auto tranny)
    1 behind (optional ashtray spot)
    2 in the back of the middle console for the back seats.

That makes 13 full count on the DC with an auto tranny. JOE>

14. Nov 30, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    Xaks

Xaks Cranky & often armed sysadmin

Member:
    First Name:
    Xaks
    Oklahoma City area
    Vehicle:
    work beast '06 reg cab 4 cyl 5 spd
    Isn't that what the bed is for? All that space next to the workbox?

That's what I use *mine* for, at least...

15. Nov 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.

All of them, great holders of bottles of water that I can grab on the way into work. I would like a few more cup holders!:D

16. Nov 30, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    I wish the one south of the shifter was larger. It needs to handle a large insulated refillable mug.

17. Nov 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    Ninja14

Ninja14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD OffRoad - 96 4runner 4x4

me too, a 94 single cab, my son climbed in , swung his butt around to sit and cleaved off half the holder

18. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Thank you!

19. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Fits a 12 oz can perfectly or a 12 oz water bottle

20. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    I have an '09 DC sport with 13 cup/bottle holders. I have 5 in and behind the center console and 2 in each door. Maybe they waited until the '10s to remove one from each door.

Products Discussed in

To Top