1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water/Condensation in Headlight Assembly

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 619Tacoma, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dec 8, 2008 at 4:17 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma [OP] Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Hey guys,

Just after the first rain here in San Diego a few weeks ago, i noticed water/condensation on the inside of one of my headlights. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't.

Has anybody else experienced this? How the hell could i get rid of it?
    Should i just take the healight out and blow dry it or what should i do?

I appreciate any advice.

2. Dec 8, 2008 at 4:19 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra TRDRW
    Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing
    Your headlight isn't sealed -- some GE silicone II should seal it up once it dries out.

3. Dec 8, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    If you just bought the truck I would take it in and see if a new light is in order.
    The above post works also, I have read somewhere that if the water doesn't come out, they drilled a small hole to get it out, then seal or plug it.

4. Dec 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma [OP] Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    No, it's not new. Its an 07 with 34,000.

I have to figure a way to dry it out since it's foggy all the time now, and the condensation just doesnt get out....

5. Dec 8, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    hey if its really bad it might be a good excuse to peel them open and do the bhlm, then silicon II the crap out of it, and u got urself a brand new lookin pair of head lights :D

6. Dec 8, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Port Hueneme
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    Make sure that the bulb in the rear is correctly installed. This happen to one of my fog lights and that was the problem. One of the plastic tabs didnt go in the slot and was sitting crooked in there.

i took the whole light casing apart, dried it, cleaned it, put it back together with the bulb put in correctly and haven't had a problem since.

To Top