1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water Leaf Found

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Boilerman, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    Boilerman

Boilerman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Texas, northwest of the Big Pond
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner SR5 Magnetic Gray 2.7L
    A couple of days ago it was raining really hard and when I got in the truck after work, I had water puddled on the driver's side floor board. The passenger side was also wet, but not as much. I had noticed this before that both sides were damp and blamed it on the cowl above the cabin filter inlet. Of course the cabin filter was dry. Took it to the dealer today and they found where the leak is at. It is coming in through the rear window, running down the back of the cab then along the door edge and puddling up on the floor board in front of the front seat. Truck is in pieces at the dealership right now so I won't get it back until Monday because they have to order parts. I am getting a whole new back window, trim and all, all new carpet because there was mold growing under the carpet already. That tells me it has been leaking for quite a while now. Also had them check my cricket on the blower motor as well. They are gonna put a new blower motor in as well, so we will see just how long it lasts before it starts chirping.

Glad to see that I have a good dealership who cares about it's customers. Hats off to Blackwood Toyota!!!! Plus they are giving me a Camry as a loaner until I get the truck back.:p

2. Jan 26, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    Do you mean water leak?

untitled.jpg

3. Jan 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    Boilerman

Boilerman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Texas, northwest of the Big Pond
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner SR5 Magnetic Gray 2.7L
    Oh yea:eek::eek::D:D