1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water Leak into rear part of Cab

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by snipe3, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Feb 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    davstrom

davstrom Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Limited
    Super charged with TRD exhaust modification
    So the rear driver side door continues to hold water out. But the right side continued to leak. A friend told me to tape off the window, just around the window, not the door. Used blue tape which falls off quickly with the water but it holds for a good long test. No leak. Bought the two gaskets for the window. It's two piece and includes the trim (got them from Toyota). They did the job. No leak. I may have to do the driver side some day. But you know the old saying. If it ain't broke...

2. Mar 10, 2023 at 3:39 AM
    Sebz13

Sebz13 appy polly loggies

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Maui Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab, 99 3 Link SC ext cab.
    a dropped one and a high one
    Yes I’m going to bump an 8 year old thread. :luvya:

I thought I was in the clear, we’ve had rains since I fixed it but had a good one last night. Found another puddle after fixing the gaskets on the door and on the extra cab window. The only gasket is doubting is the 3rd brake light. I also ordered new plugs for these on both sides…. I’m perplexed where this damn water is coming from.

I’ve ordered a new OEM third brake light gasket to put in, the thing is my truck is parked on a hill sideways. As in the truck passenger side is lower on the hill than the drivers side. During the rains there is a puddle in the drivers side rear seat footwell. There is some very slight wetness on the passenger side rear seat footwell as well. I’ve fixed the door and extra cab window gaskets so they are aligned correctly on the door and on the extra cab window the small hole in the gasket is facing down and in the center of the window.

I’m really over going into my truck and finding a giant wet spot in my drivers side rear footwell. There was also water inside the small cubby when I first discovered this, and I taped it up and it seemingly hasn’t been as wet in that cubby. When the floor is wet the headliner is dry so I’m not sure where I can go from here

55CA0EB8-1FDD-47D8-AA4A-BBF7BBDC05CA.jpg

3. Mar 10, 2023 at 3:53 AM
    pulldo

pulldo Well-Known Member

Member:
    houston, texas
    Vehicle:
    95 dlx, 2.7l, 4wd, 5 spd.

It's hard to go wrong with 3M products. I bought that product at my NAPA store, but it is a old one from way back, they sell a lot to paint and body shops.

4. Mar 10, 2023 at 5:41 AM
    bishtaco

bishtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 TACOMA BASE TRD OR
    Have you considered pulling the rear seats (rear seat delete) down to the sheet metal and running a water test? I replied to this thread years ago as I saw the dealer remove the entire bed, seal whatever was behind the cab and put the bed back on the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top