1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

water spots on my black taco help!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by arktacoma, May 19, 2011.

1. May 20, 2011 at 3:33 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Most water spots are from hard water. A water softener will help significantly. A clay bar followed by a good wax/polish will help too. Don't skimp on these, go higher end like mothers or mequiers. These are leaps and bounds ahead of those spray on walk away waxes.
    Once its clean there are a few steps you can take to keep it clean for more than an hour. Park in a garage, a portable garage, or put a cover on it while not in use. A bit more maintenance than most other vehicles, but thats the cost of black.

2. May 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
  3. May 20, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    DEFEND TACOMA

DEFEND TACOMA DEFEND-TACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    CHRIS
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    2011 SPORT 4X4
    LED'S COOL WHITE IN DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, PARKING LIGHTS, TURNING SIGNALS, REVERSE LIGHTS, AND INSIDE THE VEHICLE. HID'S 8000K 55 WATT HI/LOW BEAM & 6000K 35 WATT FOGS CRAVENSPEED SHORTY ANTENNA 5% TINT SO YOU CAN'T SEE UP IN MY WINDOW WET OKOLE SEAT COVERS 3" REV TECH LIFT 17" MICKEY THOMPSON SIDEBITER RIMS 265/70R17 MICKEY THOMPSON ATZ TIRES VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE W/ RAM AIR SPIN TECH DUAL EXHAUST WEATHER TECH RAIN GUARDS TRIMMED FRONT MUD FLAPS PAINTED FRONT GRILL TOYOTA BADGE DEBADGED ENTIRE TRUCK ALPINE SOUNDS TOUCH SCREEN W/ NAVIGATION AND ALPINE TYPE S ALL 6X9 AND 61/2'S WITH A ALPINE 4 CHANNEL AMP FOR NOW....
    USE MX-7 FOR PAINT THEN WASH UM THEN POLISH...I PROMISE U THAT WILL DO THE TRICK....

4. May 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    jcayce

jcayce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSBTRDOR4X4
    I second this. On Monday my truck got hosed by someone running their sprinkler on a day they weren't supposed to (we are in stage 1 restrictions) then baked in the Texas sun for several hours. I was pissed. Wax did nothing, cleaner wax made it look okay from a distance, vinegar completely removed any trace of the water spots. After using a vinegar soaked rag to lightly work the water spots I rinsed with filtered water. Later that night I took a clay bar to the truck and laid on a coat of wax.

5. May 20, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Put your truck in rice and it'll absorb.

6. May 22, 2011 at 3:35 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Where I live we have pretty bad acid rain from the volcano and when it rains nasty water spots are left...if you don't get to them quick enough they etch into the paint, but the only product I've had luck with removing the water spots is clay bar. But OP, I feel ya about the black paint...it really takes extra work/effort to keep it looking good compared to other colors.

7. May 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    Oceanrunner

Oceanrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    X2 for clay bar

8. May 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
  9. May 25, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    arktacoma

arktacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    arkansas
    Vehicle:
    11 sport double cab
    well here is what i did last night i got out and washed it good and then dried with leaf blower then hit it up with terry towel and only had time to see if it would work on the hood and used meguirs cleaning polish compound wipe on , wipe off then almost all the spots were gone. Still a couple of stubborn spots but huge diff. The plan is to hit the whole thing up this weekend when i get more time. after going over with the cleaner polish should i go ahead and wax because thats what im thinking? Thanks for all the help guys .!!! BLACK TRUCK = HARD WORK

Products Discussed in

To Top