1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water temp Gauge?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by God's Sun, May 15, 2009.

1. God's Sun

God's Sun [OP] Member

Member:
    Coarsegold, Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma 3.4L 4wd
    All Stock-All New..deck-plate, blinker, diff snorkel mods. Speed-bleaders(including clutch&load sensor). Bilstein all around. Performance brake pads and shoes. Trail and fog lights. HD u-joints. iEquus gauges-oil pressure, water temp, volts, A/F mix. Extra cab light. Bed lights. Over-sized condenser. Oil blow-back trap and filter. K&N drop-in. Extra Deep cycle battery. Performance clutch. New cooling system, oil pump, altenator...and a few more i'm sure. always adding more.
    So I got an aftermarket water temp gauge. Its a mechanical one with a sealed gas tube. There is no way to install it and still have my stock gauge work is there, or am I going to get lucky and have an extra port somewhere like when I put in the oil pressure. thanks for letting me bug you guys.

2. God's Sun

God's Sun [OP] Member

Member:
    Coarsegold, Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma 3.4L 4wd
    All Stock-All New..deck-plate, blinker, diff snorkel mods. Speed-bleaders(including clutch&load sensor). Bilstein all around. Performance brake pads and shoes. Trail and fog lights. HD u-joints. iEquus gauges-oil pressure, water temp, volts, A/F mix. Extra cab light. Bed lights. Over-sized condenser. Oil blow-back trap and filter. K&N drop-in. Extra Deep cycle battery. Performance clutch. New cooling system, oil pump, altenator...and a few more i'm sure. always adding more.
    So It came to me last night and I dont want to start a new thread, hopefully some on will see it here. So if installing an after-market water-temp gauge and you want you dummy gauge to still look like it works, measure the resistance across the stock temp sensor when it been heated with hot water 160-180 degrees, buy a resistor from radio shack of the correct ohms, hook it up across the unused plug and you stock gauge will should read around normal operating temp.

To Top