1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water temp Gauge?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by God's Sun, May 15, 2009.

1. May 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    God's Sun

God's Sun [OP] Member

Member:
    Coarsegold, Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma 3.4L 4wd
    All Stock-All New..deck-plate, blinker, diff snorkel mods. Speed-bleaders(including clutch&load sensor). Bilstein all around. Performance brake pads and shoes. Trail and fog lights. HD u-joints. iEquus gauges-oil pressure, water temp, volts, A/F mix. Extra cab light. Bed lights. Over-sized condenser. Oil blow-back trap and filter. K&N drop-in. Extra Deep cycle battery. Performance clutch. New cooling system, oil pump, altenator...and a few more i'm sure. always adding more.
    So I got an aftermarket water temp gauge. Its a mechanical one with a sealed gas tube. There is no way to install it and still have my stock gauge work is there, or am I going to get lucky and have an extra port somewhere like when I put in the oil pressure. thanks for letting me bug you guys.

2. May 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    God's Sun

God's Sun [OP] Member

Member:
    Coarsegold, Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma 3.4L 4wd
    All Stock-All New..deck-plate, blinker, diff snorkel mods. Speed-bleaders(including clutch&load sensor). Bilstein all around. Performance brake pads and shoes. Trail and fog lights. HD u-joints. iEquus gauges-oil pressure, water temp, volts, A/F mix. Extra cab light. Bed lights. Over-sized condenser. Oil blow-back trap and filter. K&N drop-in. Extra Deep cycle battery. Performance clutch. New cooling system, oil pump, altenator...and a few more i'm sure. always adding more.
    So It came to me last night and I dont want to start a new thread, hopefully some on will see it here. So if installing an after-market water-temp gauge and you want you dummy gauge to still look like it works, measure the resistance across the stock temp sensor when it been heated with hot water 160-180 degrees, buy a resistor from radio shack of the correct ohms, hook it up across the unused plug and you stock gauge will should read around normal operating temp.

Products Discussed in

To Top