1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

We should start a club...

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by giantsfan, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Apr 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    giantsfan

giantsfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Marin County, CA
    Vehicle:
    97 Limited 4Runner
    Deckplate Mod, Satoshi Mod, Baja Fog Lights, LED Interior Lights, Nokya 7000k Headlights.
    Has your friend designed the sticker yet?

2. Apr 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    t4r4life

t4r4life poptard and protein farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    um sooo i kinda already got my stickers cut :D
    [​IMG]

3. Apr 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    I told him no since I didn't get any kind of go ahead on it and I didn't want to make him push time aside for us if we weren't sure. Plus like I said he doesn't work for free and I wasn't going to pay him 20 per hour (cheap) on a "what if"....he's not a kid.

He's a graphic designer and like all designers he has deadlines to meet. He was going to do me a favor and take time from his current projects to design the sticker. I didn't want to have him design a few, pay him, and then not have this club come forth.

4. Apr 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    giantsfan

Member:
    Marin County, CA
    Vehicle:
    97 Limited 4Runner
    Deckplate Mod, Satoshi Mod, Baja Fog Lights, LED Interior Lights, Nokya 7000k Headlights.
    I understand. I think it would be cool and since no one has really designed a logo he could give it a shot. If he's a graphic designer I'm sure it would look awesome!

5. May 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    SoBaySick

SoBaySick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Debadged, Plasti dipped rear bumper
    and shirts, I can make them :)

I'd be down!

6. May 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    SoBaySick

SoBaySick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Debadged, Plasti dipped rear bumper
    I design as well if your friend can't do the logo

7. May 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    giantsfan

Member:
    Marin County, CA
    Vehicle:
    97 Limited 4Runner
    Definitely!

8. Oct 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    Robmonster117

Robmonster117 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Gilroy
    Vehicle:
    02 ext. cab 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 all around, toytec springs & aal, TG bumper,
    sub'd, a cool decal could be a good way to look like a group and stand out, especially if meets and trail runs are organized.
    Just another idea, It could be cool to design a TW sticker, or use existing ones. and slap NorCal next to that. this way we can keep connected through TW and have our own regional sections next to that. Then it could move to where other regions can have theirs.
    What do you guys think?

9. Dec 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    kalieaire

kalieaire Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stanley
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road 4x4 AC V6 6MT
    SnugTop Rabel, Demello Sliders
    Zombie resurrection time. I just got acquainted with CT4WD from the MOAB trip planning thread for may/june.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJLOAIpvH0

This video struck me. Why can't we do that in the USA? I feel that if we do a 4wd club, we should be all inclusive as opposed to being exclusive. Just now, as I was looking for the dood that rage quit on babytruck earlier, I noticed that half the people who respond to these threads don't have/drive tacos but instead own/drive FJs, 4runners, hiluxes, pickups, tundras, or land cruisers. But honestly, why do we have to limit it to norcal?

I feel that it would be good to be THE North America Toyota Adventure Club (NATAC or NATA) or American (meaning all the americas) Toyota 4WD club AT4WD.

Iono, I'm thinking out loud, but there're other possibilities.

We could work w/ the CT4WD guys and create AT4WD for the western hemisphere as an umbrella for everybody and then there could be UST4WD and SAT4WD.

I really like the philosophy that CT4WD is carrying out. Education, Responsibility, and Community Service. I really liked the part where they were conducting 4WD Awareness and outdoor activities AT a dealership! Partnering up with a dealership is a great way to get new members, and perhaps work out a deal for service discounts and discounted parts, or even have dealership carry aftermarket parts like plate bumpers and skids and stuff.

Having membership dues would allow us to advertise. The forums are free, but to join in on events, trips, training classes, we need some help. Dues help pay for things like a website, marketing, fliers, stickers, t-shirts, etc. 20 people at $50 a year could potentially get us liability insurance for events so we can have REAL meets.

I mean think about it, some people have Church on Sundays. The rest of us have Toyotas. We could try to setup monthly meets or eventually bimonthly meets, sometimes community service, classes on how to be spotters, driving over obstacles, learning how to use CBs and HAMs, volunteering. Of course we should start small, but the sky's the limit.

I am absolutely willing to devote a good amount of time towards the organization of this club.

To Top