1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

weather tech floormats, is 1999 same as 2004?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Greensystemsgo, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Dec 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo [OP] Clean 1 owner with low miles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    99' 4x4
    Suspension/bumpers/lights/sound/wheels and tires/old man tan camper
    They have digi floor mats for an 2004, single or extended cab, but none for my 99. how similar is the interior in an 04? ive been in an 03 and it appears 99% the same.

thoughts?

2. Dec 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    ERG80

ERG80 Newb

Member:
    Husky liners have the same part number for 1999 and 2004 so the interior must be really close to the same.

3. Dec 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    NegroTundra

NegroTundra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD 4WD 5 spd
    The husky liners from my uncles 95.5 fit my 2003 perfectly so my thoughts are the weathertechs will fit yours just fine.

4. Dec 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo [OP] Clean 1 owner with low miles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    99' 4x4
    Suspension/bumpers/lights/sound/wheels and tires/old man tan camper
    ok thankyou. weather tecs are the first ive looked at, and like them. whatre everyone elses thoughts about floormats, currently i have none. husky vs weathertec.

weathertec seem to have more fitting...

5. Dec 18, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    LEGITacoma

LEGITacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner
    Rockford Fosgate T0 in a Ported Box, Hifonics 1000.1, Pioneer AVIC Z-120BT Headunit w/ Rearview Camera
    yeah same here. i really like the fit of the weather tech floor liners but their site did not have any that would fit a 99 xtra cab. I sure hope the 04 xtra cab ones will fit a 99.

6. Dec 18, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Boulder, CO
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 4x4 TRD 5MT sunfire red pearl
    About 25 pounds of spray paint and vinyl dye
    The 04 will fit a 99. A friend of mine has a 98-00 and he bought the 01-04 weather techs and they "fit" just fine.

Here's where I get blasted by many... I think the weather techs are overrated. Yes, they are nice, but they are so dang expensive and not worth the price IMO.

I can't speak personally to how the digi-fit fit in the Tacoma, other than seeing my friend's and not really remembering the fit too well, but I bought a front and rear set for my Legacy and was not impressed with the fit.

There were gaps as wide as pennies in the foot wells up front. And I got them over the summer and let them bake in the hot sun for hours before installing them.

They are also very hard to keep looking clean. Obviously you can't use any silicone based product on them or else they get super slick... so soap and water is all they recommend. I like clean looking interiors. So when the black liners were always hazed with brown dirt, it irritated me - especially in the Legacy. I ended up having to use one of those vegetable scrubbers with soap and water and they still looked grungy.

Again, that's just my experience. If you're gung-ho on buying the weather tech liners, just buy the Cabela Trail Gear 2 ones. Same exact product, just different branding, and I think about $15-20 cheaper.

To Top