1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WeatherTech Mats Vs. OE Mats: a comparison

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by B737, Sep 5, 2012.

1. B737

B737 [OP] Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    I bought he Toyota OE Mats, and after using them for around 700 was pretty disappointed with how shallow the grooves were. If you track in sand, mud or water, then get back into your car, esp with bare feet, you're going to pick up all the dirt that's on the floor back onto your feet. Plus their water trapping capabilities lacked with such shallow channels.

I bought the weather techs to replace them, huge difference. About twice the thickness and weight of the Toyota ones, grooves are at least 4x as deep. Very heavy, i think they'll hold up great.

(didnt get the floor liners cause im not a fan of the tray style...)

EDIT
    Ive had the weathertech mats in the truck for a few hundred miles now and LOVE THEM. they fit better than the OE mats, they are tighter, more form fitting, and cover more area than the OE mats... they practically seal up to the trim around the floor area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    I own a tank
    Those are the recall mats. They're junk. They tried changing them when I was at the dealership shortly after. Needless to say I got them back :)

3. B737

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    stock
    yes they suck.
    Im fairly confident that the really nice mats i had in my Ranger were weather tech mats that were ford branded.

i really wish toyota would just use the weather tech mats like ford did and brand them with Tacoma logos, would be SO much nicer than the stuff they are selling at the parts counter. the OE mats are like the thickness of cardboard.

love this picture man... so bad ass... you wrench or fly them?
    i love watching them land with FOUR plumes of black smoke spewing out of T56's. kills me every time :)
    [​IMG]

4. EATABULLETcom

EATABULLETcom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    TX
    Vehicle:
    MYT4CO
    Just cut off all the ifs stuff and stock rear axle.....going big......... wet okole seat covers, red line hood struts, 4xi sliders, bruteforce rear w/ tire carrier, bruteforce front bumper with warn m8000s, bestop soft top, alpine HU and JL speakers, 2nd battery and isolator, arb air compressor, tank and tire fill, FXR projector retrofit by AMBIGUOUS, overhead console by KNINE
    i like the tray style, they hold a lot of sand
    [​IMG]

5. B737

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    stock
    no doubt, but the shallowness and lack of deep channels is why i dont like the trays either. some people just prefer mats... ;)

6. brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    I own a tank

In all honesty, I still can't believe they ganked the old floor mats. There was never anything wrong with them. Mine are worn through now and I need replacements. Gonna be watching craigslist and ebay soon. You're right tho, the new ones have no depth and are horrible.

I do in fact work on hercs as well as fly on them. Currently working on navigator right now and wrench as an avionics tech. Its a total different lifestyle from the old FA20's I was flying on before, but I'm getting used to it! I do get a kick out of when I first got here.... someone called in a 'plane going down' over the radio station, said it had huge black plumes of smoke coming out the back and it was going down in the vicinity of my airport. Didn't take me long to figure that one out! HAHA

To Top