1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

website used for buying cars???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bt08231, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:06 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    I know this has been discussed becasue I read about this site on tacomaworld.com. If i remeber correctly it was a website where you enter the type of vehicle you want with the options you want, and it is submitted to local dealerships who then offer their best price. They basically fight for your business if i remember correctly. If anyone knows what i am talking about, let me know, my friend is about to pick up a new tacoma and i was thinking of this

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.

Not sure what that is....but perhaps Autotrader? Also .....some insurance companies offer buying services. I used mine (USAA) to get my '10 Taco...at a substantially reduced price. Had to drive from CT to NH to get it, but it was well worth it!

3. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  4. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    Mr_Torque

Mr_Torque Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....

Member:
    Perkasie,PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma SR5 4WD V-6 6 Spd
    MBRP Exhaust, 17" FJ Steelies w/Firestone AT's, Truxedo Lopro ,Timbren SES, Pioneer FH-X720BT HU & TS-C720PRS Component Speakers, TRD Quickshifter, Bilstein 6112/5160, Light Racing UCA, and Icon Progressive add a leaf.
  5. Feb 10, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  6. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    mbush

mbush Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mr Bump here,

I'm trying to buy a tacoma and the dealer said they'd sell it at invoice. So I went onto Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds to calculate the invoice price and presented it to them, but they're saying that prices from those websites don't "reflect" the true invoice price. I think I know the answer, but are full of it? Is there any truth to this? I didn't want to call the guy out unless I was positive.

7. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    VitoNam

VitoNam Senior (in age) member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Detroit Lakes MN
    Vehicle:
    Traded 4 cyl Access for DC long box auto.
    > Removal of rear headrests > Access bed cover > Rear bed mat > De-badged
    The site I used to bargain at the dealership was: truecar.com A very interesting site. Combined with the other sites mentioned, you should be able to get a good handle on what actual dealer costs are.

8. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    BeardedWeirdo

BeardedWeirdo Junior Mint

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC SR5 PreRunner
    Barcelona Red Pop & Lock, Tint, New Shoes, Removed Rear Headrests, Grille(in the works)
    That's where I negotiated my deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top