1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight Question

Discussion in 'Health' started by Southern01Taco, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Sep 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    Ok, so I wasn't sure if I should just post this in the fitness question thread or not so I'm just making a new thread.

First of all, I'm doing a high rep, low weight workout. I just started back in the gym about 3 weeks ago after about a 6-7 month break. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 172lbs. That is the weight that I've been shooting for, for years. I'm normally around 155-160lbs. I have a little extra fat in my lower stomach that I would like to get rid of but I don't want to lose any weight. My question is, should I start doing some cardio after my workout to lean down or should I just wait and see if the workout leans me down on its own, being a high rep workout? I'm taking a pre-workout mix before and a protein shake immediately afterwards. I don't have any clue about nutrition and up until now never cared about my weight because I couldn't gain, no matter how hard I tried.

2. Sep 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    whats your goal? get big and fit or just slim a little?

3. Sep 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    If you are trying to gain, you are simply not getting enough cals, it's that simple. If you want to stay the same weight and lose fat, increase your protein and carb intake into the 200's for both, and lift heavy.

4. Sep 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    Southern01Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    I would like to get good muscle tone and fit. I'm not wanting to body build or anything like that. The high rep, low weight has been doing a pretty good job at that but I'm just wondering what to do about cardio. I was kind of thinking maybe run a mile twice a week. Nothing ridiculous, just enough to get rid of the extra fat in my stomach so that my ab workout's will show more progress than it is now. Oh and that is something else I forgot to add, I'm doing an ab workout twice a week.

5. Sep 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Correcting your nutrition plan will do more than cardio. You high rep low weight program is essentially cardio anyway. Abs are made in the kitchen.

6. Sep 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    Southern01Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    Ok cool. I had a suspicion that it was eventually going to come down to how I eat, I just wasn't sure how long I could get away with not doing it. I guess I've finally hit that point. Thanks for the help.

7. Oct 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Is all about the kitchen......lots of lean meat, fruits, veggies and grains post workout should get you started. Also, stick to bodyweight training for high reps. They tend to lean people out and put muscle in all the right places. Don't pay attention to all the biceps/triceps training splits unless you want to be a bodybuilder.

Pushups, pullups, dips, rows, sprints and others for the legs and enjoy the fact that you blasted every muscle head to toe.

8. Oct 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    Hellfire

Hellfire Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    I you want to get in good physical condition and get a little tone. INSANITY. You can drop the gym, great cardio, great series.

Products Discussed in

To Top