1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird fog light behavior

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bbersanti, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Dec 1, 2016 at 7:34 AM
    bbersanti

bbersanti [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Redondo Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access TRD Offroad 4.0 V6, 6-spd
    Weathertech's, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper, Maglite seat mount, Fog Light Anytime, Aux Blue Sea Fuse Box, Toyota Bed Mat, color-match grille, 21" LED bumper Light bar, Redline Hood Struts, Full OME 3" Lift
    Hey all,

So I've noticed a few times at night that my fog lights will come on while my truck is parked in my driveway for a few minutes for no reason. Keys are not in the truck, doors are locked, so I don't know what could be causing it. I did the Fog Light Anytime mod but I don't know what could be causing the fogs to come on. Has anyone else run into this before? I do sometimes leave the fog light switch in the "on" position at night if I come home after dark and they're on, since they turn off with the ignition but what could be sending power to the lights like this?

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Dec 2, 2016 at 2:30 AM
    caribe makaira

caribe makaira Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad AutoTrans
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
    The Tacoma has a "scheduled" leak verification after IGN is off. You must've tapped into the circuit parallel to that one for you Fog Light Anytime mod.

3. Dec 2, 2016 at 6:50 AM
    bbersanti

bbersanti [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Redondo Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access TRD Offroad 4.0 V6, 6-spd
    Weathertech's, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper, Maglite seat mount, Fog Light Anytime, Aux Blue Sea Fuse Box, Toyota Bed Mat, color-match grille, 21" LED bumper Light bar, Redline Hood Struts, Full OME 3" Lift
    What is it check for leaks? Thanks for the info, though. I will have to check to see which circuit I tapped into and maybe move it to another.

Products Discussed in

To Top