1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird? Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by xaqori, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    From what it sounds like OP, any college is going to be a MAJOR wake up call for you. It's refreshing to hear a college admit what happens and try and educate people to be smart and responsible versus just ignoring it or telling people not to do it.

You'll be able to find groups of people that have your same beliefs/morals, but fact of the matter is all the things you describe are part of college. I remember my first night in college we ended up at a party where people were cooking acid. We simply left...if you don't freak out and try and force your views on others, they will respect you and not push it on you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    xaqori

xaqori [OP] Grammer knotsy

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Marietta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 Limo
    ARB lockers and 4.88s front and rear, OME 886s, Dakars, etc., Safari Snorkel, 17"Fuel Revolvers w/ 35x12.50r17 KM2s, fenders cut 3" all around, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH w/ Backup cam, CB/PA (PA Installed), Weathertech Digis, Foglight anytime, AP: front bumper, skids, and pack rack, custom sliders, Warn 9.5XP, dual VIAIR 480Cs with a 2.5gal tank, OTRATTW switches galore, URD y-pipe, RCI skids, LF 240s, etc.
    Trying not to lol
    I went to a good high school. There were drugs and drinking, but it didn't seem nearly asaccepted.
    Duly noted :p
    Yep! Not too active in church though but I may try that!

3. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    xaqori

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Marietta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 Limo
    ARB lockers and 4.88s front and rear, OME 886s, Dakars, etc., Safari Snorkel, 17"Fuel Revolvers w/ 35x12.50r17 KM2s, fenders cut 3" all around, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH w/ Backup cam, CB/PA (PA Installed), Weathertech Digis, Foglight anytime, AP: front bumper, skids, and pack rack, custom sliders, Warn 9.5XP, dual VIAIR 480Cs with a 2.5gal tank, OTRATTW switches galore, URD y-pipe, RCI skids, LF 240s, etc.
    All right.
    And I'm not going to push anyone anyway. I like to keep to myself :rolleyes:

4. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    I just graduated college June 2013. I went to a UC school. I'm straight edge, haven't touched any form of drugs, including cigarettes, I strongly dislike alcohol, and I'm not really into partying.

College was a real shock my freshman year. I hear about shrooms, weed, alcohol, major frat parties, crazy sorority girls, all within the first few weeks. You'll make friends in classes and discover they do things you're not into (weed, drugs, etcc...) but if they respect the fact that you don't do that sort of thing, stay with them, if not, avoid them.

Just remember you're at college to learn, get your degree, and have a great time. You don't need to do anything you don't want to (social speaking) and you can still have a great time.

College is a great time for you to grow and realize there is a world outside and people do things you don't necessarily see eye to eye. I gained thicker skin, tolerated a lot of BS, and definitely gave people a piece of my mind and fist, and it has all help me prepare for the real world, or at least some portion of it.

Continue to grow and evolve; step outside your comfort zone.

Edit:
    One of the biggest things that really shocked me was the sexual promiscuity and the RAPE issue on a college campus. I was raised to be faithful to your partner and respect women, so that was very off putting...

5. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    xaqori

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Marietta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 Limo
    Don't get me wrong - I'm used to people around me doing drugs and drinking like fish. It's the fact that it's so open and seems accepted by the university. That's what really gets me

6. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about the intro. You'll find your niche, you'll find good people, you'll have a good time, and if you're doing it right you should be too busy for all that shit anyway.

I spent my first 2 years of college fucking around, not even drinking... but I didn't study nearly enough. I ended up dropping out and switching to a 2 year degree and have since finished school and moved on and I'm very happy about it but the moral of the story here is... My buddies that finished engineering in 4 years... and have now graduated and have awesome jobs... well they were ALWAYS busy studying and working on school. If you're doing it right you're going to be pretty busy keeping up with school. I guess there's always the exception, we had 1 friend who fucked around all 4 years and graduated on time and had multiple offers and excellent grades, but he's ridiculously intelligent. So you can probably expect that you'll be keeping busy. Don't worry about all the other shit going on.

And higher education (admins, professors, etc) is notorious for being extremely liberal so you can probably expect a fair amount of debauchery and BS like the intro. Just do your best to ignore it and get through school quickly.

7. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    xaqori

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Marietta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 Limo
    That is some solid advice. Thank you :)

8. Jul 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    That pretty much sounds like college to me...stupid...got my weed days over with in high school, and never was much of a drinker...haven't done either in way over a year...I'm 19.

9. Jul 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    It's not that they're okay with it... they simply know that it's going to happen and want you to be aware of the risks.

It's a much better way of handling the situation than pretending it doesn't happen.

10. Jul 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    xaqori

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Marietta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 Limo
    That's true. But the way they were talking about it in such a casual way just blew me away and really worried me that it seems that acceptable...

11. Jul 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    They get complaints filed if they come across as judgmental.

Products Discussed in

To Top