1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Welder In DFW

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DFA1, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Jun 30, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    DFA1

DFA1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    I have a set of sliders I need to get welded on. Anybody know someone that can do it at a descent price? Thanks

2. Jun 30, 2018 at 12:07 PM
    MolonLabeTaco

MolonLabeTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4x4 OR
    Where are you located?

3. Jun 30, 2018 at 12:43 PM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    I'm in Corinth. If you aren't familiar with Corinth, it's between Denton and Lewisville

4. Jun 30, 2018 at 12:45 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You make the drive down here and play at Hidden Falls afterwards

ChadsPride and Biscuits like this.
  5. Jun 30, 2018 at 3:19 PM
    MolonLabeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4x4 OR
    I'm south of you about an hour. If you want to drive that far, post a pic of what you want welded.

6. Jul 1, 2018 at 5:06 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Molon here is a pic of what needs to be welded on

upload_2018-7-1_7-6-35.jpg

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Jul 1, 2018 at 5:55 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    4xinnovations sliders are the best.

ChadsPride likes this.
  8. Jul 1, 2018 at 6:06 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Yeah I'm excited to get them on. I have a trip to Colorado I leave on next Tuesday, and really want these on before then.

9. Jul 2, 2018 at 8:15 AM
    MolonLabeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4x4 OR
    I was under the impression they just needed to be welded to your truck. Those need to be welded, then painted, then welded on. It'll be a total PITA for you to paint them after they've been welded on. That's a rather long process that I don't have time for right now. Sorry!

10. Jul 2, 2018 at 8:32 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Ok no prob thanks

11. Jul 2, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Takes me 3-4hrs with someone else painting after they're all welded together.

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. Jul 2, 2018 at 8:43 AM
    Tacoaric

Tacoaric Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    King Ranch F250 Powerstroke
    there is a guy in denton, dont remember his name though.

ChadsPride likes this.
  13. Jul 2, 2018 at 8:57 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    @Tacoaric that would be great. I already painted the sliders, but left the pieces that connect to the frame bare for welding purposes. I can easily paint that after the install

14. Jul 2, 2018 at 8:59 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Come on down and visit @Texoma for a quality job done right.

I've personally watched him do a set of these for @redtaco512 and they came out excellent.

15. Jul 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    Matmo215

Matmo215 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Waco, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Sport DCSB
    Also looking for a welder to help me with my CMC:anonymous: Also in Corinth

16. Jul 2, 2018 at 9:04 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    I used these Tandem and they did a great job. I would use them for the sliders, but they are booked and I want/need my sliders on before next Tuesday for a trip to Colorado.

http://www.tandemauto.com/

17. Jul 2, 2018 at 9:05 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    I would love to, but it's a 3 hrs drive for me

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jul 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    If there's any paint on the sliders in close proximity to where the legs will be welded to them, it has to come off.

ChadsPride likes this.
  19. Jul 2, 2018 at 9:17 AM
    DFA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    yeah I figured a quick hit with a grinder and it would be good. They only have 3 coats of rustoleum spray paint on them

ChadsPride likes this.
  20. Jul 2, 2018 at 9:18 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Take some acetone and a rag and wipe the paint off the first rail, make it easier on whoever is gonna weld em.

ChadsPride likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top