1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Well I made it 857 miles before getting a scratch...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Unzapato, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dec 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    Unzapato

Unzapato [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    My 3rd Tacoma
    Blank slate - brand new!
    My wife and I were taking our son to a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Traffic was pretty heavy. I was in the middle lane with cars on both sides and behind me. All of the sudden the 2 cars in front of me swerve into the left lane and here comes this little black car slowly rolling directly toward me into oncoming traffic, in my lane. I see the driver having some kind of seizure with his eyes rolled back into his head, twitching and jerking and drooling all over himself. I had nowhere to go because the other lanes were full of cars, so I just stopped and let him roll into me. Thankfully he had his car in neutral so he just bounced off my bumper. Airbags did not deploy. I only got a small scratch on my bumper. Once EMS got him semi-coherent he told them he was taking xanax and there was an open beer in his cup holder. He had a baby in a car seat in his car too. *Sigh At least my truck didn't get smashed and nobody got hurt. Hell of a way to add excitement to an afternoon and break in the new pickup! Ugh
    [​IMG]:mad:

2. Dec 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    damn that sucks! at least nobody was hurt.

3. Dec 7, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    RoyR

RoyR Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Billies, TSB
    That will BE DUI!!

4. Dec 7, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Glad you and your family are ok man.

5. Dec 7, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Glad no one was hurt.

I'd be less than happy with him (what a POS drugs, beer, kids & a car). I'd also have my truck checked out. I was in a similar crash once and my scratch turned into about $700 worth of hidden damage.

6. Dec 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    i think that will more than just a DUI

glad everyone is ok tho

7. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    Unzapato

Unzapato [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    My 3rd Tacoma
    Blank slate - brand new!
    OUCH! Hmm yeah in that case I guess I will go try to get it checked out by a pro tomorrow. I crawled under it and looked closely and even measured the gaps on both sides of the bumper and it all looks fine to me, but yeah I think that's a good idea. Thanks!

8. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    Shoulda shot the sorry SOB

9. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    If i was the EMS responding to that, And i knew he was intoxicated with xanax in his system... Well lets just say id "accidently" let that one flatline.

10. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    And lose your medical license and be jobless in a shitty economy. No.

We put dual 16 gauge IVs in them and keep them boarded for a few hours.

11. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    wow, 875 miles on a 2012 and you already have a dude having a seizure hit you...not looking too good for the future.

12. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Happy no one was hurt. Hope you don't find any hidden damage on your truck.

13. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    DreDog

DreDog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    I'm sure you would..

14. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    What!? dude totally doesnt deserve to be saved! He put a kids life at rest and others on the road around him. I wouldnt make it obvious. I would just take my time... Jeez didnt know you guys were so touchy.

15. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    nermalgod

nermalgod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    Offroad boat hauler
    Not going to brag.
    Make sure to file the $500 injury claim for stress induced trauma. In accidents, it's almost always awarded. You can call it a "you're too dumb to not pay me $500 for stopping your car" fee.

16. Dec 7, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    DreDog

DreDog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    What if you were 70 years old and you called 911 because you were having a heart attack and when they got to your house they joked around, went outside ad smoked a cigarette, and took thier time?

It's called duty to act. You obviously need to do a little bit of reading:

http://theemtspot.com/2009/04/02/the-emt-code-of-ethics/

17. Dec 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thats completely different ^ If i was 70 and having a heart attack because of old age then i DESERVE to be saved. A dumbass who puts his kid in his car, pops a bunch of Xanax and swallows it down with a couple colds one DOES NOT DESERVE to be saved. Im not an EMT so i dont know the code, But its just morals. How bout this, What if a guy smoked a couple bowls of meth, Got in his car and hit a kid walking and drove in to a pole, The kids Dead but the driver can be saved. Oh turn of events, The kid, Yah hes your Son. Gonna save him?

18. Dec 7, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    We all know the dude was a dumb ass, but EMS get paid to save peoples lives regardless. If a guy who killed someone got stabbed by the victims brother, the doctors at the hospital cant let that go. They have a job to do, regardless of the given situation.

19. Dec 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    DreDog

DreDog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Your not the keeper of life. Your job is to help save lives. If the guy smoking meth killed the kid, then hit a pole; you also save the meth smokers life too. You don't just stand there and say "it's cool, I'll just let him die because of his decision to do drugs with children in the car". If I was there when my son got hit by the guy who smoked meth, I would still try to save his life. I don't decide who lives, and who dies because I think he should be "punished". That is like having someone's life in your hands and deciding to kill them. I couldn't live with that, an I doubt you could either..

you get a blow out while going down the freeway, hit 4 cars, kill everyone inside, crack your head open and live. EMS gets there and says "well he put all these people in harm, and also killed 7 other people, so i guess we shouldnt pull him out of the car and save him"

but you werent intoxicated, it was your cars fault. But you DESERVE to be saved??

20. Dec 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...

Products Discussed in

To Top