1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Well, I'm fed up!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 4x4Runner, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Feb 11, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You would like Logan's Run

2. Feb 11, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    I know what you mean. People just don't know how to drive. I am not saying I am the best driver because I'm not. I do make mistakes from time to time. I personally think America should take a lesson from Finland. From what I have heard it is a pretty tough experience. This is from Top Gear. It's a great episode and they talk about the drivers test in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8LJx71_9o

3. Feb 11, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner [OP] Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    At the age of 55 you are required to pass an intensive drivers test and it is then good for 5 years. At 60 it is required every year!

you will be required to pass all the tests and the failure of any test will gain you a limited license where you can only drive between 9am and 5pm and at all times must remain in the right lane. Make enough rights and you'll go left

4. Feb 11, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    honestly i completly agree with you. some teens are terrible drivers

5. Feb 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Pretty much where I was going with it! People really need to stop taking driving for granted.

I got into and argument with a co-worker the other day about DUI checkpoints. He felt it was an infringement of his rights to drive on the road. I stated that driving was a privilege. His argument was that he paid taxes, they were our roads and any, ANY regulation or infringement was "unconstitutional"...

6. Feb 11, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...
    Eff canook drivers

7. Feb 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    I misread the title as I'm F'ed Up!

But apparently I was right :D

8. Feb 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Not yet!

9. Feb 11, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    MrFastLayne

MrFastLayne Mr SGA

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Lincoln Ca,
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6 Off Road
    Lift,Winch,Shell,Light Bar,Siren,Radio's
    I like!

10. Feb 11, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    I actually think teen drivers are becoming better, at least here in Texas the requirements before getting your license are thorough. I had to go to driving school for 4 weeks, 2 hours a day before I got my permit. Then I had hands-on learning in a car with an instructor, I think I had to do 7 or 8 drive times 2 hours each. I can definitely say that I felt comfortable and safe on the road before I even got my license. But, there's always the few that manage to give teens a bad rep :(

11. Feb 12, 2011 at 2:57 AM
    rendog

rendog i miss my 04

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 TRD Sport
    Test subjects may include but are not limited to:

utilization of turn signal,
    remembering to turn off signal in timely manner upon changing lanes,
    ability to park vehicle within the lines of a single stall,
    ability to recognize difference between gas and brake pedals,

Individuals will be required to drive at the posted speed limit. There will be a $150 fine for every 5mph driven under the posted limit.

Any violation of license limitations will result in immediate revocation of drivers license and swift issuance of permanent bus pass at the individuals expense.

12. Feb 12, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.

I agree, but i think Driving while Distracted should carry a equal fine to the DUI. My buddy just got taken out by a chick texting dick sizes to her girlfriend while driving. She literally left her lane of travel went up on the sidewalk and mowed his ass down.

Im actually afraid of taking my motorcycle out any more.

13. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    Graham

Graham Pay it Forward

Member:
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Black V6 6 speed manual
    I agree! I spent some time in Germany and had to get a German driver's license. We should adopt a much more stringent approach. In Germany you can drink at 16 but can't get a license until your 18. Get's the binge drinking retardaness out of the way before you put them behind the wheel. Then you have to take a 6 month mandatory driver ed class that includes 3 hr of class room instruction per week and 4 hour of driving on a road per week with a certified instructor (not your parent or older sibling). You also have to take a mandatory 8 hr first aid course, pass a 200 question written exam and then a 1-2 hour road exam. If you make through all of this and pony up the $2K for courses you get a drivers license. Doesn't matter you age. You want a driver's license in Germany you go through this and it was intense, no one got pushed through. My ex wife took it as a joke and got sent back to the beginning of the class sessions for missing 2 classes. Then she failed her road test twice.

We need to toughen up our approach and I also like someone's suggestion that we do a 10 yr re-certification exam.

14. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:19 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    26,788,000 drivers, 16-24, were involved in 4,700,000 accidents, 13,800 of which were fatal.
    30,567,000 drivers, 65+, were involved in 1,340,000 accidents, 8,100 of which were fatal.

Seniors outnumber young drivers. Young drivers have almost three times as many accidents.
    The death rate is higher for young people, but percentage wise higher for the old folks because they break a lot easier. Over 75, more old people die by tripping and falling than in vehicle accidents.

15. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    lcogginz

lcogginz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Timberland Mica DC OR

Easy attitude at 18, when the world is your oyster. People of all ages will continue to do things in traffic that you don't expect. The only way you get the skills to help you anticipate the unexpected is with time. And nothing personal, but it hasn't happened yet at 18. That's why your insurance premiums won't go down until you're probably 25 or so. *You* may very well be an excellent driver, but broad generalizations are dangerous.

And, maybe that 80-year old has burdens and not much safety net, and has to drive. I have two 84 year olds, a 96 year old, and a couple of 75 year olds in my life, and all but the 96 year old still drive. Have some compassion, it makes you a bigger person.

Cell phones, in-vehicle distractions, and IMPATIENCE are the greatest impairments I've seen in other drivers.

I like this thread, and I agree with the OP's take. I'd write my Congressman but that's just a farce. . . :D

16. Feb 12, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    But they can spell.:evil:

17. Feb 12, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    agreed. along with the DUI's should be a kick in the nuts by an NFL punter. :cool:

18. Feb 12, 2011 at 7:44 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1. Specially the sentiments about old people.

Compassion has it's place and I'm not saying ignore old folks...but the majority need to GTF off the road.

I watched an older gentleman cut across an intersection nearly side swipe two cars and continue driving cause he never noticed a thing had happened. That is scary- So much attention just to control the car that he couldn't look around him to see other traffic?? That's dangerous.

On the same token- Further restrictions on junior drivers makes sense too. They need the chance to learn how to drive properly...Cause watching the teen age driver shrug as he rolled thru a stop light about 6 feet in front of my bumper-That's scary and dangerous too.

19. Feb 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    I cant stand the geriatric drivers around here. one lady almost hit my car the last time it snowed. she decided she had to put the peddle all the way to the floor in her camry when she was on a hill in the parking lot. Naturally, the front of the car started to drift towards my car.
    Then they all drive 10 mph under the speed limit. most roads around here are no passing zones so I get to wait until I get a chance to pass.
    I would say 90% of older people (80+) do not need to have car keys

20. Feb 12, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16

I hope you're joking cause that will never happen in the next 50 years! Im 16 and know atleast 10 other teenagers with DUI's. 5 years is way to harsh. 6months max for 1st time! Roll tide

Products Discussed in

To Top