1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

well, shit. need some help guys (and gals)

Discussion in 'Tacoma Videos' started by Detective_Dan, May 7, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    So I gotta ask, you're fixing this w/o insurance I assume? Most are pretty explicit now days about any sort of speed contests. Driving schools can still be the exception since there no timing and there are instructors, even though you are blowing around a track at 100mph.

As for the ding, well, as they say, that's racin'! And nobody today who earns a buck stomping the go pedal got there w/o wrinkling some sheet metal. So don't sweat it. Sucks but at least no one got hurt. Easier to replace truck parts than it is to replace people parts.

2. May 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan [OP] Bam-Ba-Lam

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 - Black Betty
    Pelfreybilt plate bumper, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, fog lights anytime
    Launched at 2000rpm's. Maybe 1500 next time. The thing that gets me is I don't burn nearly that bad on the street. I'll catch mid way through 2nd gear on the street but on the track it instantly red lined. That's y I was barely moving lol

3. May 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Maybe use half throttle until the tires find traction. So you launch at half and the tires spin for a bit then catch. When they catch you mash it. 2nd gear time comes and use 75% throttle until the tires catch then mash it. Modulate the throttle the whole way. Give a short burnout in the box just to clean the tires.

4. May 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 - Black Betty
    Pelfreybilt plate bumper, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, fog lights anytime
    yea i knew that. street tires release oils making them worse when they are super hot

5. May 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    tacoma-king

tacoma-king Well-Known Member

Member:
    sault ste. marie Michigan
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma
    hitch
    the street is no where near as smooth as a track. launching on the street is like launching on sandpaper.
    launching on a new smooth track is like launching on ice. just got to learn to only put down the power the track and your set up can handle.

6. May 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    TacomaChris

TacomaChris Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks like the vid was in slow-mo lol

7. May 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 - Black Betty
    Yea lol. That's my buddy's g8. He runs high 11's. We just ran for fun cause we were the only two street cars there

8. May 31, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    spitfire501

spitfire501 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Napa, CA
    at least you were number 69?

9. Jun 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D44/Ford 9"
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    The track? I see no track here. I see a drag strip. A track is going around corners IMO. Anywho... You should do track racing, way more fun :D

10. Jun 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    jkcnet

jkcnet Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Garland Texas
    Vehicle:
    12 Prerunner
    Bone stock (for the time being)
    So I closed my garage door on my week old Tacoma, so it can happen to the best of us.
    At least you were having fun, just before....BAM, I'll bet that was the longest 2.5 seconds of your life.

11. Jun 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    skeezix

skeezix Well-Known Member

Member:
    Make up a list of Toyota part numbers for everything you need. You can find illustrated parts breakdowns on the sites I listed. Then, Visit several online stores that sell genuine Toyota parts and get your prices. I usually use the following because their prices are pretty much the same. If you think they are high, then call your friendly Toyota Dealer and get a quote: www.toyotapartszone.com www.toyotapartszone.com www.toyotapartscheap It looks like your bumper saved your fender, so that's something. About your comments about the wife - I hear ya, Dude. And after 45 years I'm still gettin' 'em. One learns to tune out... Hope you get your stuff all worked out...

To Top