1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Westboro baptist church fail.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by WhatThePho?, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

heheh, I know Kansans aren't like that bro' I've got a huge family connection to Kansas (Dighton to be exact) My grandparents, my dad was born in Wichita as were my brother & sister, I'm a Cali native myself. Got relatives in Lawrence ,Kansas (my last name BTW,could be a connection there too)

2. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    well said.

3. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    This is awesome. Good for them (the town of Brandon that is).
    I hope this becomes the common practice for where ever those looney tunes go.

4. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    Im waiting for oneday someone will snap and beat the living crap out of one of those fucks. If they didn't bring little children im sure someone would have turned them into hamburger.

5. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    The problem with this is that it's how they fund their adventures.

Generally, they go and stir up shit, and when someone assaults them, they sue. They've made millions this way. How else can you travel around the country doing this stuff? There isn't exactly a ton of financial support for this type of activity.

6. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yup , i forgot to mention that most of Phelps following & family members are attorneys (just a better reason to smok'em as far as i'm concerned)

7. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors

That is awesome! We need more cities and states to do this.

I'm in the PGR, I haven't seen any of the nut jobs but they are there. You don't have to ride to be in the PGR. Here is thier website if you want to check them out. http://www.patriotguard.org/

That is what they want, for you to mess with them. It's free publicity for them. The best thing to do is ignore them and maybe possibly they will go away.

8. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    I relize thats what they want, but i still want to put a fist sizedhole in their faces. I find it hard to belive they will just go away without publicity, after all this is an entire family who's entire life revolves around broadcasting their hate. They are more fanatical about spreading their slime than we are about modding our trucks. When they came to a popular spot on cape for their gaybashing not a single reporter or camera showed up, and it never made the news. The town decided to ignore them completley and avoid the streets where they protested. But they sill returned:notsure:

9. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    I'm Presbyterian-Lutheran and I'd be part of the ass whooping party :D

10. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? [OP] Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
  11. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    Jerry Bear

Jerry Bear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Mesquite, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    tint, topper, receiver hitch, trailer wiring, topper lighting, cruise control, intermittent wipers, backup camera, auto-dim mirror
    I'm not sure that this really happened. It's all over the web, but all I can find are reposts of the same material with no other original reports. And, the original of the post above came from a message board, not a reliable source.

If it did happen, then the people who did it are idiots and they were wrong. Westboro Baptist Church gets its money from the many lawsuits it files over incidents which curtail its freedom of speech. If this happened, it will be another moneymaker for Westboro.

I believe that Westboro is a bunch of assholes, but so are the people who would improperly use the power of their county government to suppress Westboro's free speech rights.

Turn the situation around with this example: Suppose that you were on your way in your Taco to go 4-wheeling somewhere. Some people in county government don't like 4-wheeling in their county. You stop to eat, come back out, and a county truck has blocked you in and can't be moved or towed until after sundown. Or, you're on the road and stopped by a county deputy who detains you for no real reason until after sundown. Or, some locals kick your ass, but no one saw anything.

It sucks a lot that the families of the service members have to deal with Westboro's crap, but they need to handle it the same way that their deceased service member would: Be strong and walk away.

The best thing that anyone can do with regard to the Westboro Baptist Church is ignore them. Just ignore them the same way that you would ignore a pile of dog turds on the side of the road. The protesters love attention and they love publicity. Take those away from them and they would dry up and blow away, just like the turds that they are.

Lot of posters to this thread say that the Westboro protesters deserve to have their asses kicked. I agree. But, no one does it because it would be wrong, just as wrong as what the protesters are doing. It would be equally wrong to use the power of government to illegally detain the protesters.
    :crapstorm:

12. Apr 26, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.

Well said. Repped.

13. Apr 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    TidalWave

TidalWave I have a shovel and no one will miss you...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mendy
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB
    4" Maxtrac Spindle lift, 33" BFG A/T, Avid weld on rock sliders and rear bumper, Smoked Projector Headlights, smoked tails and fogs, HID healights and fogs, flowmaster exhaust, Wet Okoles, debadged. Ready to take your milk money.
    Everyone should support their local PGR- The Patriot Guard will usually block the protestors so that the grieving family doesnt see/deal with them. My Dad rides for the PGR, and you would not believe what these nutjobs try to do to get attention.

14. Apr 27, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    Average JOE

Average JOE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    3'lift,Upgraded sound system,Dyanamat interior flowmaster,K&N,
    I love this. The ironic thing is ALL those Soldiers died to give them the right to do and say what they want. It gives me chills to say that as I am a veterian of 2 wars. I want nothing more than to shut them up.

I am a christian and believe in God. Sorry they are giving the rest of us a bad rap.

15. Apr 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Catholic Christian here, lets go kick ass :D

16. Apr 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    I think whats really insane, is that even Suicide Bombers celebrate their dead. These guys are actually more insane then Muslim Extremists

17. Apr 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    difference is these ppl protest gay ppl, extremist muslims kill them

18. Apr 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    It's a miracle they haven't started kidnapping and crossing that line

19. Apr 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    coylifut

coylifut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tk
    portland or
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DBC LB
    Weather Techs, Wet Okoles, cbi rear bumper with swingout
    "Fred Phelps, who is the leader of Westboro mob, is a disbarred lawyer and Democratic activist."

anyone else find this to be a really strange quote in the article? So there's a democractic activist group that is vehemently anti gay and protests at fallen soldier's funerals? Those are some cofused people or a confused writer.

20. Apr 27, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    x2 because of this vvvvvvvvv

Products Discussed in

To Top