1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Western Massachusetts Tacomas

Discussion in 'North East' started by hogeyphenogey, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2021 at 4:32 PM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    :eek:

2. Sep 27, 2021 at 4:34 PM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !

3. Sep 28, 2021 at 3:33 AM
    bucktales

bucktales *Retired* curmudgeon

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC / 2014 FJC/ 1972 Rally Nova
    I learned a valuable lesson regarding those things.
    I was solo hunting around some cellar holes deep in Nat Forest ground in Vt. when I stepped in one of those that was completely hidden.
    One leg went in. If I fell in, I'd probably still be there...or what would be left of me.
    Cellar holes= nearby wells.
    Lesson learned , Scary stuff.

4. Sep 28, 2021 at 4:35 AM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Morning
    :rain:On the way

5. Sep 28, 2021 at 9:33 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    yeah that’s scary. we need to shore this up and cap it. it’s got a 1/4 inch ply on top that’s it. it’s a hazard and i don’t need a renter or my kids dying.

fucking gross in here guys. this kid lived here for 5 years with mice and squirrels etc… under his sink, in the cabinets, under the cabinets…basement, hell even the chimney had snakes. Pulled two live mice nests out of the cabinets.119460BD-0D24-4317-A6AE-853D5658DDA9.jpg8BEE7212-1DA0-4A76-8BD4-EC12AC5ADB9E.jpgC79AF0DC-51D7-4750-A1DE-8F40E960B93E.jpg

lynyrd3 and tacobell007 like this.
  6. Sep 28, 2021 at 9:51 AM
    HawkShot99

HawkShot99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    13' Silver DCLB TRD Sport - Sold
    How long ago was there a person living there?

I am amazed at the mess I have in the house I just bought. How the fuck do people live in such mess, or sell something that gross.

lynyrd3 and Bridge4[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Sep 28, 2021 at 10:25 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    he lived there 5 years, moved out sunday.

he’s a young guy,mobile welder and it was super cheap with basically no rules. The local building inspector owned this gem.

I don’t think my wife would stay with me if i tried to move her in here.

I’m doing the bathroom tomorrow actually looks cleaner than the kitchen. basement has open swear pipes and signs of back flow lol

lynyrd3 likes this.
  8. Sep 29, 2021 at 4:05 AM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Morning Neighbors :hattip:

9. Sep 29, 2021 at 4:05 AM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Getting chilly

6DCF9D88-DDFE-4BDE-B160-0C66E35BF488.jpg

Bridge4 likes this.
  10. Sep 29, 2021 at 6:36 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    39 here this morning.

lynyrd3[QUOTED] and tacobell007 like this.
  11. Sep 29, 2021 at 7:40 AM
    Clark27

Clark27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Lexus GX460
    @Bridge4

I may be mistaken but you got a crazy quote to have power run out to one of your buildings didn’t you? Reached out to the state reps and such? Anything ever come of that? I’m looking at property now with my fiancé and the prices I’m hearing to run power from the big power company is just stupid

lynyrd3 likes this.
  12. Sep 29, 2021 at 7:56 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    yea, the state rep saved me 25k!! still cost 8g tho

if you are in western mass john barrett’s district i can forward you contact info for his office

13. Sep 29, 2021 at 10:25 AM
    Clark27

Clark27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Lexus GX460
    That’s really good to know. I’ll keep you in mind. Been looking at quite a few properties and want to build a little off the street frontage for privacy.

14. Oct 1, 2021 at 4:15 AM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Morning, too early for this crap . Another week of summer would be nice

196657CF-CA9A-474A-A831-AC9470054171.jpg

tacobell007 likes this.
  15. Oct 1, 2021 at 2:12 PM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    poured 3 piers today. Got the wrong mix at the hardware store on some bad advice so had to load and unload 800lbs of that shit 4 times including the return and new stuff.

Then mixed by hand after digging the piers in the creepy basement.

I'm beat. guys who do masonry and shit like that earn their money 100%

16. Oct 1, 2021 at 3:10 PM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    I mixed one bag of sand mix 60# today just because it was laying around in my garage . Spread it out on the concrete pad my camper sits on .

tacobell007 and Bridge4[QUOTED] like this.
  17. Oct 6, 2021 at 4:51 AM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Morning Neighbors :wave:

Bridge4 and tacobell007 like this.
  18. Oct 6, 2021 at 3:44 PM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Spent all day driving around for this bit and that part etc… barely got anything done.

Finally feel like a real contractor :rofl:

19. Oct 7, 2021 at 3:21 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Got a quote back for media blasting, sanding, and correcting the interior of the cabin. Holy cow! More to clean it up than to blast it!

Getting my maid's outfit on, no way am I paying someone 20k to clean and sand the place! I will pay for them to remove the poly off the entire house, floor included though. You can't sand that sticky shit, and it needs to come off we have no other real option. It's also a reasonable price. The clean up tho... 4k to vacuum the mess, 14k to sand it after....

Watched some videos on youtube, I can :rasta: and sand/vacuum for HOURS and do it for free minus the sanding pads. Already own a nice shop vac and two hand sanders! Hell, I'm 90% done already:bananadead:

20. Oct 7, 2021 at 4:38 AM
    lynyrd3

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Morning Neighbors :hattip:

Bridge4 likes this.
To Top