1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet floor in front of rear drivers side seat?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by upthemaiden, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mar 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    upthemaiden

upthemaiden [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab SR5
    Just bought it!
    I notice pretty frequently that the floor and mat in front of the rear seat, drivers side (06 access cab). From my searching I've found a lot of people who said the passenger side floor was wet, and people said an AC drain might be clogged, but this is only the drivers side at the rear.

I assumed that a seal went bad, but talk of the AC/heater made me remember that there's some kind of vent under the drivers seat, right? I always have my seats flipped forward with blankets on them for my dogs, so the air probably doesn't circulate that well under there.

Any specific ideas? It's never soaked, always just damp on top of the floor mat and under it. I'm not always the best at figuring out how to pull panels without just breaking the tabs that hold them on, but if I need to just start pulling stuff apart to check it out I will, figured I'd see if anyone here had any ideas first though.

2. Mar 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    I would look under the truck to see if any pop outs are loose. (Meaning holes that you can pop out) no for sure what they are called.
    Not for sure where the condensating drain is located.

3. Mar 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I've seen a few threads on here where the access cabs rear door window seal leaks letting water in. Might look at the window or door seal to make sure they are all good.

To Top