1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okles??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ETaco23, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Icon's with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 295 BFG KO2, Bora 1" spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Hey guys! Ive been debating on whether or not to get some seat covers. Preferably wet okle's. :D
    Just wondering If any 1st. gens. had them? And how you liked them if so?

Also, How would Igo about having the TRD logo put on the back rest? thanks guys!

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I bought some for my 02 with the recent group buy, so haven't had them all that long.

As far as seat covers go, they're ok. To be honest, I dont know if they were worth the money, but they are nice. I have the brown interior and the tan seems to match pretty close. I didn't care for the black sides, so I went with the full tubing (got it a lighter color). The covers seem very well made and should last a long time with out any problems. They fit fairly tight, but as others have noticed, they do kinda bulge in places.

I'm not a huge fan of logos and such, so I didn't put any on. As far as what logo you want, you just order it at the same time and they attach it.

I think one of the reasons to get Wet Okoles over something else is for options that dont come with off the shelf seat covers. Your TRD logo would be one reason to do so, as well as things like seat warmers. If you're not going to get any extras, you might as well save your money and get something cheaper, unless you need the neoprene for some reason.

At the time of ordering, no one knew about the front pocket option, which I really wish I had. Sure, it'd be nice for my firearm (what its marketed at), but I'm thinking it'd be better to hold sun glasses or other things like that in which there just isn't a good place for.

3. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Icon's with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 295 BFG KO2, Bora 1" spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Awsome! thanks for the reply man..
    I think Im ganna go ahead and order them as soon as I can.
    I really need something water proof bc I go snowboarding often and my cloth always gets wet. And as far as the Logo goes.. Do I just put that I want the TRD Logo in the comments/ what ever box they give you to type in?

4. Mar 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I'd suggest just calling them up to place the order. I know online is easier and all that, but you're getting a custom thing done, so better to actually talk to someone.

5. Mar 19, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    thats what I was thinking too.... I might just do that.

6. Mar 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    turbo the turtle

turbo the turtle Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    99 Extra Cab TRD
    you mean wet okole's? haha

my brother has them, they're really well made. they handle going to the beach after we surf, dive, or fish, and even the mountain when we hunt. they dont stink either like how other brands get after some water contamination.

7. Mar 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Haha.... yeah, my bad! :D

8. Mar 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    have em on my second gen! love em! the only seat covers i would ever buy except katskin (sp?) and theyre perfect for me since i surf if i jump in with wet swim trunks or wet - wet suit. theyre water proof

9. Mar 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    Bagua

Bagua Active Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    04 Dbl Cab TRD
    Just got a set for both the front and back. I Love them they have a little padding built in and give a little extra cushion and comfort feeling.They are well made and the fit is great. I recommend them.

[​IMG]

10. Mar 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Awsome! those look good. I cant wait to get mine now. :)
    just not sure what color I want the TRD logo to be.. Red or Black?

11. Mar 20, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    veg hed

veg hed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Teton, WY
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota TRD SR5 V6 Access Cab
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 620 springs, OME Dakar Leafs, ARB Bumper, Warn 8000 Winch, Grey Wire Mod.
    Those look great!!! I have the same color interior. Which color did you go with? I'm looking on there website now...Tan, Mocha, Cashew?

12. Mar 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    Bagua

Bagua Active Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    04 Dbl Cab TRD
    I went with the 190 cashew to match the carpet and hide some of the dirt and stains if i get any.

13. Mar 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    kumaWRX

kumaWRX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, Toytec 1" lift shackles, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, aFE Stg. 2 intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler, 16x8 ProComp 7089 wheels, Toyo Open Country A/T tires, Pamalu bedliner, Bakflip G2 bedcover
    I have them in mine, awesome seat covers, other than being expensive.

14. Mar 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    pics please...:D

15. Mar 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    J Rowl07

J Rowl07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern California
    dr suspension sound system nitto tires eagle alloy rims Nothing too fancy white
    i got some that said just tacoma on them, but ya they are super sick well worth the money. friends and i always getting in my truck wet, and they also dry really fast. if you get them dirty you can just take them off and hose them down.

16. Mar 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    4Barrel

4Barrel Active Member

Member:
    i had them on my old 4runner, and really liked them. they provided nice additional support, and were comfortable in all seasons. it also helped with resale. i just ordered one for the cloth bench seat of my taco. i ordered from autoanything, which has good deal right now, but if you want the uniform color with the piping, and logos, etc... you need to order from wet okole. i went with the Taupe color (swatch 100) b/c that matched the "tan" color of my '04 taco most closely, at least to my eye. that's the color i used on my 4runner as well, and it looked good. if you're not sure about colors, wet okole will send you swatches, which helped me decide. here's a pic of the wet okole seat covers on my old 4runner.... hope this helps...

IMG_0225.jpg

17. Mar 21, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Nice! Yeah Im pretty sure that the light gray color will match the Gray Interior pretty nicely. And Im hopefully ganna be ordering just the fronts for now next month sometime. Maybe It will be my B-day present! :)

But Im def. ganna call them up to order so I can get all the details I want, Including the TRD logo.
    But what do you guys think about color of logo, should I go with the Red or the Black? I think Red would look good, But all the other trim is black. I just dont know!

18. Mar 21, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    SigSense

SigSense Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    Have had a pair of Okole's on my Taco since 2002, and they are holding up well. They are well-made and washable.

19. Mar 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    veg hed

veg hed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Teton, WY
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota TRD SR5 V6 Access Cab
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 620 springs, OME Dakar Leafs, ARB Bumper, Warn 8000 Winch, Grey Wire Mod.
    Just ordered them...190 cashew with seat pockets in the back, pistol holder pocket in the front and a console cover. :D

20. Mar 21, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CR
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Silver 10 Trd Sport DC 6spd
    Satoshi grille, ARE cap, Rubber Bed mat, TRD Quick-shifter, N-Fab step rails, Wet Okoles seat covers, Husky Floor Mats, Stubby antenna, AFE Pro dry Filter, Thule rack w/ Cargo box, Sportz SUV Tent, Custom fit Air Mattress for Bed, TRD cat-back exhaust, de-badged and Sockmonkey'd. Hella Black Magic 500s, Toytec ULK, Dakar OME leafs, LR Uca's.
    Love mine!

IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg

To Top