1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okole cooler than stock cloth seats?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by texastaco81, May 19, 2012.

1. May 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    texastaco81

texastaco81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5 V6
    What you guys think? Notice any difference in the hot summers?

2. May 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    I have had seat covers on my sins almost day one. So I realy cannt remember what the stock felt like. But I will say this that I really do like these seat covers. In fact I like them so much that I got a set for my wifes rav 4 and she even likes them. Thay fit and look great!!! :D

3. May 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    capt213

capt213 Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '04 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    Bull-Bar, PIAA 520 amber fogs, PIAA 520 white driving lights, ToyTec 600lb coilovers & AAL w/ Bilstein 5100's all around, differential drop, Borla 409 w/ custom cat-back duals, K&N air intake, A.R.E. cap w/ Yakima rack & safari rack, roof-mount for spare tire, and a Thule box for my skis when the damn cap-lock freezes up in the winter.
    I have wet okole's in my truck and they're very rugged. I'm a commercial fisherman and there's usually all sorts of fish blood and guts stuck to me when I climb in the truck after work. Not to mention random sharp stuff that gets tossed on the passengers seat. They get dirty or smelly, take em out and hose them off. Not any hotter than cloth seats after cooking in the sun all day either.

4. May 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    capt213

capt213 Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '04 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    Bull-Bar, PIAA 520 amber fogs, PIAA 520 white driving lights, ToyTec 600lb coilovers & AAL w/ Bilstein 5100's all around, differential drop, Borla 409 w/ custom cat-back duals, K&N air intake, A.R.E. cap w/ Yakima rack & safari rack, roof-mount for spare tire, and a Thule box for my skis when the damn cap-lock freezes up in the winter.
    Also, they fit perfectly. There's no bunching up of the neoprene and they're still snug everywhere they're supposed to be after having them for a few years. They retain the look of the stock seats

5. May 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    bubbagumps

bubbagumps Well-Known Member

Member:
    From my experience with Wet Okele, it is not that it gets much hotter, it's just that it is made of neoprene, so it retains heat a lot longer. It takes a longer time for neoprene to cool down and reach thermal equilibrium with the environment than other materials you find covering seats. That's why it is used as an insulator in wet suits and other outdoor applications--it doesn't like to cool down or heat up quickly. But once it gets hot, it stays hot for a long time, especially if the temp difference between the seat and the interior of the car is pretty close.

With that baing said, I did not find it a deal-breaker. But it will(any neoprene will) give you a case of sweaty butt in the summer once it has baked in the sun for a few hours. Again, it won't get any hotter than your other seats, it will just stay hot for a while and warm your butt, espcially if you are wearting shorts.

6. May 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    texastaco81

texastaco81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5 V6
    Anyone know of a seat cover that is designed to be cool/breath more? My first thought would be some sort of mesh

Products Discussed in

To Top