1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okole seat covers installed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Doug6076, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mar 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Doug6076

Doug6076 [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4
    About two weeks ago I received and installed my new Wet Okole seat covers. It took about 2 hours for me to install. Some words of advice: When you place your order expect to wait about 6 weeks to receive them. Once I did receive them, I did not receive any installation instructions so I looked online and found some info. I did not remove the seats as the online info suggests and didn't have any issues installing them. When you are installing them, do not pull too hard on the straps when you are tightening them or you will risk the straps tearing away from their seams. When you order them, make sure you call them back to confirm they received your order correctly, especially if you want any logos. Before ordering I called them to find out how to get TRD embroidered in the seat backs and they said to specify color and a logo code they provided in the comments section when you put your order in online. I did that and they claim they never received my request for TRD. Anyway, I still think they look great and they are very comfortable.

IMG-20120226-00089.jpg
    IMG-20120226-00088.jpg

2. Mar 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    Thanks. Those look nice. Are they the charcoal or the light gray?

Ordering mine from the group buy coming up in a couple weeks. Way excited!

3. Mar 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    Doug6076

Doug6076 [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4
    They are the light gray. I was going to wait for the group buy but I have two kids so I wanted to get them ASAP.

4. Mar 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    How did you get the straps under the plastic at lower rear of back set?

5. Mar 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    Doug6076

Doug6076 [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4
    The seat covers for the backrests don't have straps. They have a flap that tucks thru between the seat bottom and backrest. If you look at the back of the front seats toward the floor you will see a curved hard plastic piece that blocks any access between the seat bottom and backrest. You have to release two hooks under the seat bottoms and fold the hard plastic piece upward and tuck it into the seatcover. That will enable you to have access between the backrest and seat bottom. For the back seats, my seat bottoms fold toward the front and provide for an easy install. For the backrests, I kept the seat bottoms folded up and then tilted the seat backs slightly forward and that provided just enough space to push the flap thru at the bottom with one hand and reach around behind the backrest and grab the flap with the other hand. Then I let the backrest fold forward and I was able to pull the flap up and attach it to the seat cover.

6. Mar 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM
    yarro

yarro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    11' TRD Off Road DCSB
    TREX Eyelids. RIGID Fogs Toyota Skid Plate. AVID Light Bar. Rigid SR 20"Combo LED bar OEM Toyota Running Boards, LEER Canopy RIGID Roof Rack - COMPLETE. FJ cruiser Switch panel install in center isle. (4 new slots for OEM switches) Glove box & Center counsel Lighting with amber switch.
    Hey guys im trying to place an order as well, what option do j choose for my double cab rear seats?

7. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM
    Doug6076

Doug6076 [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4
    Sorry for the delay in responding. If I remember correctly the site asks for truck info at the beginning of the process (make/model) and then provides choices for front seats and then directly below that it provides choices for back seats under each type (solid color, full piping, half piping, etc.).

8. Mar 29, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Rep to you, sir. This helped me out tremendously.

Products Discussed in

To Top