1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wet okole seat covers

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by jason22, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mar 10, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    I'm normally not a camo guy, but those look good. :thumbsup:

2. Mar 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    The Camo's look good. Make me think of "The Deer Hunter" Robert Deniro .....

3. Mar 11, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    Delrivpilot

Delrivpilot Red Sox Nation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    Hey Blue, I just saw your post in the group buy and you said you are experiencing the same thing? Have you called or contacted anyone from Okole? I sent a pic in and they are rechecking the design order. They said that it may occur if the front to back straps are too tight. I know I didnt ratchet them down too much. I am waiting for a call back from the design guy.

4. Mar 11, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    kalib0y

kalib0y Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Rugged Trail
    mine too

5. Mar 11, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    kalib0y

kalib0y Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Rugged Trail
    Mine look the same way and I had them install them so they would know exactly what it is. I will drive back there again and have them look at it.

6. Mar 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It is designed for you to remove the plastic cover install the seatback tucking in the edges then put the plastic cover thing back over the seat cover. I broke the little plastic strip accross the top behind the hoop under the plastic cover so now the top of the cover has nothing to clip into. I just left the seat cover over the top of the plastic cover & that holds it in place. See pics 2,3,4,5 of my post of the previous page of this thread. You'll see what I mean. Take it off while doing the tucking. Also take the whole backrest piece out of the truck to make it easier to do the tucking, just be very careful pulling the top passenger side near the cover over the metal loop so it doesn't get broke. Nice floormats BTW.

7. Mar 11, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    Thanks for the info Kaliboy. Let me know how you make out. THanks!

8. Mar 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    My rear seats do the same thing.

9. Mar 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    I'm too lazy to call em back lol, but i had a major problem with my front seats but thats a different story. Chris4x4 said that heat will make the seat covers shrink and form...its been cold here since i got em so still waiting for that to happen. But I dont see it as a big problem for me, yeah it does look bad but they are not always perfect and sometimes these things will fit loose and we have the loose ones. How long have you had yours in?

10. Mar 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Hey Blue, I've had them about a month. I agree, it's no so bad. I figure I can apply some velcro to the cover and then to the seat and that should work pretty well. I did call and wasn't impressed with the response. I spoke with Stephen, who sounds just like Spicoli on Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He said he was going to check with the design guy and get back to me. So far, I havent heard back yet. I figured that if others had the same issue, maybe they would address it.

11. Mar 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Velcro sounds like a good idea that would work, I might try it. And as for having wet okole call ya back... Might not happen but who knows lol. Let me know how the velcro works out

12. Mar 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Will do!!!

13. Mar 14, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    I installed Wet Okoles two weeks ago.
    I got the Ocean Camo color. Although it looks nothing like the web page sample, I saw them on a friend's Taco and liked the color. The install was about two hours. It went a lot easier than I thought 'cause most all the write ups I read were of a tugging and pulling struggle to get them on. Well judging by my ease of install and some of the pix here I would guess that W.O. has laxed their specs margin or quality control.
    I am quite happy with seat covers, nonetheless.
    I imagine one of the hardest things to do is to wait a few weeks to get something and then have ship part or all of it back because it does not meet our expectations. That is when most people lower their expectaions and let manufacuterers off the hook. When I see crappy fitting W.O.s I feel that Wet Okole should take them back (in brand new condition) and redo them for free. Free expedited shipping and free replacement of the part. Demand it. They can produce a new piece upon request and send it out when your defect arrives. For the price, and hype on the website, a customer with a defect should not have to wait for the defect to be received, fixed and then shipped back. They can then modify the defect and hang on to it until it will fill an order.
    When you pay as much as we have for these products we expect them to be the "Shizz", not some crap thrown together in some Tijuana sweat shop. If I found my seat covers to be suffering from sloppy production, you bet I would be on the phone politely getting the previously mentioned recourse fulfilled.
    Now let me get off my soap box.

I have some install tips, some of which may be repetitious and/or obvious.
    1) No need to take the back seats out.
    2) When installing the rear passenger side seat back, fold down the rear driver side seat.
    3) When installing the front bottoms, resist the urge to run the straps all the way under the seat support wiring. I did run the straps under the first support wire they crossed.
    4) Remove the driver side (door side) plastic "joint cover" for easier installation. I did not remove any platic from the passenger side and it was easy to install.
    5) The headrest covers fit better with the velcro closure in the back of the headrest. Put the best fitting headrest covers in the front. I did not "buttonhole" the little plastic covers on the top of the seats. If you know where the adjustment buttons are you can squeeze them through the covers and the covers look a little better that way (imho).
    6) I figured I would not be needing these seat covers for any other vehicle so I moved the slack retention buckles (what you tuck the leftover strap through to retain it) close to the buckles to be sure they would not slip over time. Then I cut the leftover straps to about three inches and burned the ends.
    7) I used 3M velcro tape with industrial adhesive backing for the front seats to attach the front velcro to the platic part of the "carpet foldunder" that is part of the seat. Took a little guesstimation to get it right but it works fine.
    I'm at work now, but I did take some pictures of the install and some of the finished product. I will post them later today.

In Hawaiian "okole" is a butt. More specifically it is the a%%hole, but okole is commonly used to mean butt.

I hope this post was of some use.
    Jimi

Products Discussed in

To Top