1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What?? $234 no way

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Killer Red Taco, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Jan 10, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    SmootDog, nice. I've been meaning to do the same thing before I rip mine off, guess I'm a little more motivated now that I know it's going to cost more than $10 to replace. $230 for a trailer plug? Insane.

2. Jan 10, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    SmootDog

SmootDog Active Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2009 D-Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Yea, I wish I had done it before, as the factory plug is WAY better quality than anything I could find aftermarket. But I wasn't going to pay that much for the Toyota piece. If you relocate it before you break it, you don't even have to do any wiring, just unplug, move it and plug it back in. I used a 2" hole saw, and had to make a notch, and I think the 2" would be right for the factory plug also. Good luck.

3. Jan 31, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Just throwing this out there here real quick. I'm in the middle of relocating my plug, I'm at the point where I need to disconnect the wire harness where it is plugged together and where there is a weird white clip that holds the 2 together and possibly to the harness mount as well. My QUESTION: how T F do I unplug that sob? Do I need to somehow unclip that white clip first or just squeeze-clip the harness apart. I've wasted 20minutes messing with it like a rubix cube and I'm gonna stop before I end up just ripping it out and throwing it. Anyone done this?

I found a good thread on TN too, but he also glossed over the white-clip part.

4. Jan 31, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Nevermind, got it! The little bastid just flips down. Sweet. Guess I just needed to chill for 5min to clear the dome.

Products Discussed in

To Top