1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what alarm does everyone have?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by montgomery_30824, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Sep 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.

Haha nice

2. Sep 4, 2008 at 3:59 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Best alarm is age, rust, wrecks, and visible wear and tear. I drove around an '81 with all the above, and never bothered to lock the doors. It's had 10 cents and a stick of gum stolen out of it, but the aftermarket deck never left the glovebox.

Beyond that, nothing is burglar proof, it's merely a deterrent. Burglars are going to go for the easiest target, so the more deterrent you have, the better your chances are.

Just a reminder, Directed Electronics owns Viper, Hornet, Clifford, Python, and like one other company that I'm currently forgetting. They are pretty much the same all across, and are the standard way to go. Clifford used to be their own company way back in the day, not that it matters now.

When your alarm is installed, have everything mounted in hard to reach locations - the hood pin should be mounted high up near the cab so they can't reach underneath, the brain mounted behind the dash somewhere or, like me, underneath the center column. The more seconds it takes to disable, the better.

I thought about lojack, but do I really want my vehicle back after it's been stripped, driven like hell, and so on? Additionally, finding my vehicle isn't a high priority on any police force list - nothing against the cops, but they have better things to do and couldn't give a damn. I'd rather have good insurance.

Products Discussed in

To Top