1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what are the chances i can get 300K or 20 years out of my tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NWtacoma, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    ^ This

It's too bad that the industry can't be more pro-active and develop the advanced technology before high fuel prices cause customers to demand it. But that is too forward-thinking for the automakers and the oil companies in their pockets. Once again, the motivator is money and greed. :(

2. Apr 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    Yeah, not to go totally off topic but I saw something the other day on CNN called FUEL. It was about all the different ways beyond pumping oil out of the ground or making ethanol that we could use to supplement our need for oil and gas in a more resourceful way. Some of the greatest ideas that I remember were refineries that focused around a type of algae that could produce oil and gas and even converting our own shit (sludge) to gas/oil...All things that we have the tech. for but havent gone mainstream with.
    But I know out here in Wyoming the oil companies are having a blast drilling the shit out of the state with no concern for nature or human life (one of the deadliest jobs in the US is working on an oil rig in Wyoming, tons of cover-ups with death and injury out here) And lets not ever forget the southeast coast BP oil spill, tragic.

3. Jul 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    Taylor1993

Taylor1993 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    sold my Tacoma, need to buy a 1st gen now =]
    I agree. although it would be cool to say I put 300 k on this truck, 20 years is a fifth of your life, (if you hit 100) I don't want to only have had five trucks haha.

Products Discussed in

To Top