1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What are the ups and downs of total chaos lifts?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bsaint21, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Mar 22, 2009 at 12:42 AM
    Bsaint21

Bsaint21 [OP] Veteran Member

Member:
    Texarkana TX
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner sr5 v6 4.0
    4 inch lift. Chrome grill package, 17" Chrome Plated Rims, 32 " Mickey Thompson Wheels, Westin Signature Chrome Side Step Bars, AEM Brute Force Cool Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Throttle Body Spacer, UGA Bulldog front floormats, Toyota Front Aluminum Skid Plate, Toyota Logo Bed Mat.
    I was looking forward to getting a total chaos long trail lift kit. But Ive heard that there have been some complaints of problems with the spring coils warping.??? WTF? and among other complaints, what are the downsides to this kit before I drop 4 Gs down on this investment.

2. Mar 22, 2009 at 6:34 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I dont think 6" increase in track width would be a hinderance. Many SAC Tacomas have a solid axel just as wide, if not wider than the TC LT kit.

3. Mar 22, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the AP LT kit is only 4" wider stance and u dont need fiberglass fenders to run 35's, from what i hear

4. Mar 22, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Access Cab
    King Coilvers, 285 BFG A/T's, Moto Metal 951b's 17"
    You will have to have some new fenders for the front if you want to maximize travel. Otherwise your tires will be limited by smashing your stock fenders.

The kit is $3,000, plus 8" or 10" coilovers depending on how much work you want to do and how much travel you want which will run about $1300, and glassworks fenders up front which are like $400. Then the install will run about $600 and up depending how much you want to hack up your truck and it involves some welding for the limit straps.

Also if your really looking into this check out Camburgs new kit. They came out with the newer, better version of their older kit. I know a a few people with it and they love it. It also can pull about and inch or two more travel then the TC kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top